Radar Detectors (1 Viewer)

Question - If you are pulled over for speeding and given a ticket, can you request to see the radar output. Does the officer have to show you the "locked in" speed that they ticketed you for? I have heard before that you were, but a friend was stopped in Arkansas and asked to see the radar speed and the officer refused.

Question - If you are pulled over for speeding and given a ticket, can you request to see the radar output. Does the officer have to show you the "locked in" speed that they ticketed you for? I have heard before that you were, but a friend was stopped in Arkansas and asked to see the radar speed and the officer refused.

each state has different laws so i can not answer for arkansas , but here in ga we do not have to show the speed on our radar. now if requested on the scene we have to check our calibration of our equipement. i after each stop check the calibration of my equipement and notate it on the citation weather or not it is requested.

we have no way of knowing who has the jammer. each time ive been jammed it lasted for approximately 1 min so i had no way of determining which auto carried the jammer.

Which means, of course, that if I were using a jammer on an isolated country road in Kansas, the officer would have a pretty good idea that I was the one with the jammer. Ah, I think I will stick with my radar detector.

I also have a Passport and the police have yet to catch me speeding. I love the thing. The best apart about it is that when I slow down because my radar is going off, some fool behind me gets mad and speeds up to pass me and gets busted! This has happened at least over 20 times and its always some clown in a truck thinking they own the road.

I just love the look on the faces when I pass by. :)

I travel a LOT, and I did get a ticket in Olla when I wasn't paying attention to the speed change. It was so stupid though, the speed limit changes from 65, then quickly to 55, then the road opens up into 4 lanes 2 going both ways....and the speed limit drops to 45. I think they clocked me at about 54. I wasn't trying to speed. I just wasn't looking for the signs.

That stupid town is just out there to make money...that is probably the only reason they 4 laned for that mile of town.

Anywho....I have since watched the "reduced speed" signs very carefully,but I do like to go over by at least 5mph, somtimes up to 10 depending.

So i thought of getting one...Are they illigal??

Olla huh? was his name earl?

Hey southland...what's the +/- on calibration of the radar guns nowadays?

+ or - 1 mph with radar
i do not have laser so i do not know what standard is for laser certification.
and we must be able to visual judge vehicle speeds within 2 mph.

+ or - 1 mph with radar

I have a question for ya....how much over the speed limit does someone have to be going to justify you takeing the time to give them a ticket? Does it depens on the speed limit?

+ or - 1 mph with radar
Whereas the +/- on a standard speedometer is 5 mph I think?

I assume you do daily calibration with tuning forks?

yes at the begining of the shift then at the end . we also do them after each speeding citation. yes speedometers in your car are not calibrated that is why state law in ga requires us to give 10 mph when using radar. except in schools zones and in residental neighborhoods

Please tell me your not earl. If you are, you can't be straight! ;)

no im not earl lol, i bought my truck from ward chevrolet, a friend of mine worked there and when we ride to the dealership he would say, "watch for earl" i was guessing it was olla, i never really paid attention.

cant be straight?

Heh, two alerts and two missed tickets today.

gage82.jpg

alq131.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom