Raiders announce no fans for any home games (1 Viewer)

Not sure why this is a surprise when a team announces they will not allow fans. I highly doubt any nfl team will allow fans this year, if they have a season at all

Not sure why this is a surprise when a team announces they will not allow fans. I highly doubt any nfl team will allow fans this year, if they have a season at all

It’s not the same and I’m not saying it is, but Nascar has had multiple events with more than 10k fans (Bristol, TN and Loudon, NH). Outdoor venues of course, indoors might still be too risky. There’s also the fact that these are small towns compared to any NFL city.

But if the NFL is letting the local rules determine what can happen, there’s likely to be places that will allow a crowd of some size in. If some areas are mandating kids in school and continuing other reopening, I suspect they’ll support some kind of attendance. Places like Arizona, Texas, Florida, Tennessee seem like good candidates politically - at least for the outdoor stadiums. And perhaps Ohio and even Maryland as well. Plus Green Bay is a smaller environment and I read they’re planning on 10k to 12k fans.

Though, you’re right that if they can’t prove it’s safe to keep these teams together and playing this high-contact sport, it won’t matter what the relative stadium rules are.

We will definitely play them in four years. I don't know if that's always on a home/away alternating basis, I don't think it is. So it's possible we could play in Vegas in 2024. If not, it will be in 2028.

Unless the 17th game includes cross-conference play, I don't think it will alter how the cross-conference scheduling goes. If the extra game is cross-conference, that would add another possibility of playing them.
It is home & home, so 28 is the next time we are currently schedule to play @Raiders.....pending whatever change the 17th game does to the schedule formula.

So a Tesla? lol

Game tickets were so expensive I booked my flight and cancelled it the next day. They were ridiculous!
Why not still go? We had a group of 10 going, it looks like we’re down to 6. We’re still planning on going and watching in a sports book. I’m not giving up the cabana I rented all day Sunday! :cool:

Why not still go? We had a group of 10 going, it looks like we’re down to 6. We’re still planning on going and watching in a sports book. I’m not giving up the cabana I rented all day Sunday! :cool:
Well, as of now, a new vehicle. But before, If I'm not at the game I'd rather not go. Plus, I'm right next door in Arizona so I could go anytime.

Your plan sounds good though!

I couldn't believe the tickets were over $600 but I was going to pay it. I part of me wishes they would just cancel the whole season.
I think you will get part of your wish. I'd be surprised if we see football October 1st on.

I think you will get part of your wish. I'd be surprised if we see football October 1st on.
People keep saying this about sports leagues. “Oh the MLB just had an outbreak they won’t make it another week” and the MLB is still going on. I think y’all constantly under estimate how stubborn these sports leagues are.

Here and elsewhere:

Here and elsewhere:

Thank you!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom