Raiders are going to be a tough first game (1 Viewer)

This isn't a team that's going to have ANY "gimme" games this year. Any team we play has a fair chance to beat us, if we don't execute, and minimize penalties and turnovers. We haven't seen the ability to do that after 1 preseason game. So, you could legitimately start a thread every week predicting a tough game and probably be right.

We're going to win this game who dats! I know the Raiders are a much improved team, but they're coming to the dome. We've been on the road for two season openers in a row and lost both. Payton will make sure this team is ready. Dennis Allen is also ready to show his former team a thing or two after firing him on the flight back from London. Who Dat!!!

Saw parts of their pre-season game... they have a good offense.

This will be one of the toughest tests our defense faces all year, IMO.

Carr is an up and coming star. He's got great wideouts to throw to. If Keenan Lewis isn't ready, and i'm thinking he won't be...we could very well be in a game where the last team with the ball wins.

Their defense isn't too shabby either

Saw parts of their pre-season game... they have a good offense.

and maybe a top 5 defensive player in Mack. I think it's a tough one to open with. If we can get the dome field advantage back then we might we a tight one. I fast start is not something that has happened very often for us especially lately.

This will be one of the toughest tests our defense faces all year, IMO.

Carr is an up and coming star. He's got great wideouts to throw to. If Keenan Lewis isn't ready, and i'm thinking he won't be...we could very well be in a game where the last team with the ball wins.

Their defense isn't too shabby either

Great wideouts? He has one very good wide out that hasn't shown that he is great yet (but on his way). Then he's got a solid number 2 option in Crabtree but nothing else that's better than pretty decent.

We have a stronger receiving core I believe. I mean Cooper was good, but he lead the NFL in drop % out of EVERY OTHER NFL receiver last year. Crabtree will be their number 2, and Andre Holmes will probably be their 3. Holmes had 14 receptions last year. Their receiving core is probably about the 17-22 ranked range in the league.

that game shown me that we have to do something about the guard position somehow, either by trade or maybe one gets cut during the cut down days.

I can't say we will win or loss this game to be honest. If the defense has improved I believe we will win. Right now I believe the Raiders may be the most overhyped team in the league. Alot of people picking them to win the division. I just can see that. KC and Denver in that division.
I do believe this is a good team to start the year against though. Tough opponent but winnable game if we play well.

We will get a good read on the potential of the Saints in '16. It should be a real challenge, but I have to go with Drew in the home opener in front of the Saint faithful.

The Raiders are an up and coming team...

And so are we.

Winning in the trenches will be the key to victory. And for the first time, our DL looks like it can win up front.

The Raiders are an up and coming team...

And so are we.

Winning in the trenches will be the key to victory. And for the first time, our DL looks like it can win up front.

I like the way you think! :9:
Someone mentioned regaining home field advantage. Good point. I think the losses at home last year were an anomaly. Dome field advantage will rule once more starting this year!!

Geaux Saints! Who Dat!! :plus-un2:

The Raiders are improving but they arent there yet. They went 7-9 last year and are over valued this year. They arent winning the division. They are being hyped up. If we dont beat ourselves we win this game. If we have less than 60yds of penalties and no turnovers we should win. Based on last game that isnt a given but there is still 4 weeks left so we will see.

Great wideouts? He has one very good wide out that hasn't shown that he is great yet (but on his way). Then he's got a solid number 2 option in Crabtree but nothing else that's better than pretty decent.

We have a stronger receiving core I believe. I mean Cooper was good, but he lead the NFL in drop % out of EVERY OTHER NFL receiver last year. Crabtree will be their number 2, and Andre Holmes will probably be their 3. Holmes had 14 receptions last year. Their receiving core is probably about the 17-22 ranked range in the league.

So now Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree do not count as great wideouts? I guess our definitions of what makes players great are not the same.

Do we have great wideouts? Because I could just as easily say we have two proven receivers and one unproven rookie, and that doesn't count as "great" wideouts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom