Raiders are going to be a tough first game (1 Viewer)

They are going to test our secondary, pass rush and offensive line, the three biggest question marks on the team. It won't take us long to know basically what team we have this year once the regular season starts.

Not just that...They are playing with confidence. I won't be surprised if they win the West this year. I just pray it doesn't start out that way.

We have to keep Kahlil Mack, Bruce Irvin and Malcolm Smith away from Drew.

Cooper, Crabtree and Seth Roberts are as good a young WR trio as ours.

I think across the board this match-up is pretty even except Brees is light years beyond Carr and we are at home.

Del Rio takes playing the Saints personal. He'll try anything to win this one.

Yeah, they have some talent. Not a game I feel very good about :\ Saints will need to be healthy and going full tilt to beat them

We have to keep Kahlil Mack, Bruce Irvin and Malcolm Smith away from Drew.

Cooper, Crabtree and Seth Roberts are as good a young WR trio as ours.

I think across the board this match-up is pretty even except Brees is light years beyond Carr and we are at home.

Del Rio takes playing the Saints personal. He'll try anything to win this one.

Why?

Based on how we played at home the last two seasons opening up against Cleveland would be a challenge.

They are going to test our secondary, pass rush and offensive line, the three biggest question marks on the team. It won't take us long to know basically what team we have this year once the regular season starts.

I don't think 2 of those 3 will actually be a weakness or question mark at all. Although I can understand you saying that this early. Actually compared to recent years I think they'll be a strength.

It's the NFL every game will be tough. Regardless about last year or any of that non sense that has no barring on this year, we are at an advantage facing any team when we are at home. That's any team. Saints will get off to a strong start with a hard fought tough win at home. We have the better offense, overall defense we will see but at this point you have to give them an advantage just bc of their pass rush, special teams is a wash, we have the advantage at head coach, and we have the best fans in the world filling the dome. Going to be good to see us get off to a 1-0 start.

Raiders are a scary, up-and-coming young team. They have built through the draft, and amassed many, many top notch offensive and defensive players. Their O and D lines are both chock full of talent.

They will be a good measure of our team. If we can beat them, I like our chances.

Raiders are a scary, up-and-coming young team. They have built through the draft, and amassed many, many top notch offensive and defensive players. Their O and D lines are both chock full of talent.

They will be a good measure of our team. If we can beat them, I like our chances.

I definitely 100% agree that they're up and coming. They have a few of the pieces in place but of course have a few holes too. No doubt about that. I don't think they're the measurable for our team at home though. Whether they win or we win I don't think it says what kind of team we will have one way or the other. That won't be determined till after 4-8 weeks. Should be a fun opener though.

Yes, the Raiders are much improved! In my opinion, the biggest weakness on their team is the safety position. Reggie Nelson is an old, banged up 32 and Karl Joseph is a rookie from West Virginia.

Payton and Brees are going to have a field day manipulating that safety set! Im not saying we are going to win or lose, but the Raiders certainly have weaknesses to exploit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom