Raiders fans at the game (1 Viewer)

If Saints fans don't like "horrible" fans from other teams, then, in my humble opinion, Saints fans who have season tickets shouldn't put their tickets up for sale.
Well obviously the fans complaining about it aren't the ones who sold their tickets.

I had a different experience with the Raiders fans... The ones I met were excited to be here... one quote "It is awesome to experience a game here in the Dome... who ever wins"

After the game they were celebrating.... why not? I know I raise a little hell when I go to other venues and we win.....

If Saints fans don't like "horrible" fans from other teams, then, in my humble opinion, Saints fans who have season tickets shouldn't put their tickets up for sale.

That's because they aren't real fans. They just want to be there when we're winning and look to make a quick few bucks from opposing fans when we aren't. They simply view it as a social event.

For example, I'm in 144 and I've only seen three people in my immediate vicinity at multiple games. Two, a husband and wife two rows in front of me and the third, an older gentleman two rows behind me. I don't know who owns the seats to the left, right, directly in front or behind my seats because no one who's sat there has been there more than once. I understand you can't make a few games here and there, sure by all means, but for every game, every year? It's pathetic. Just do everyone a favor and not renew so someone who actually wants to go will put black and gold butts in those seats.

Raiders fans travel well. That is well documented, yet even they don't sell out their stadium.

Big reason for that is because most of them probably aren't from Oakland or even been to O.co Coliseum (or whatever it's called these days) in their lifetime. I view it as more of a generational thing, like the Steelers; they were dominant in the 70's and gained widespread popularity far outside of northern California. Then when those fans had children, they likely just latched on to their parents' fanhoods due to being exposed to Raider games on TV.

So sure, they do travel well, but since the Raiders returned a good portion of their visiting team allotment, that means most of the Raider fans there yesterday bought them off Saints STH's just looking to make money.

We had couple right by us, one was cool (oddly, the huge dude, we shook hands over what a great game it had been) and one guy about the size of Eminem was pretty intolerable.

I suspect that the frustration of losing Breaux, and two real shaky killer calls on final drive, might have added to our irritation level.

But Raiders fans do travel well, as do Eagles, Steelers and Packers fans.

That's because they aren't real fans. They just want to be there when we're winning and look to make a quick few bucks from opposing fans when we aren't. They simply view it as a social event.

For example, I'm in 144 and I've only seen three people in my immediate vicinity at multiple games. Two, a husband and wife two rows in front of me and the third, an older gentleman two rows behind me. I don't know who owns the seats to the left, right, directly in front or behind my seats because no one who's sat there has been there more than once. I understand you can't make a few games here and there, sure by all means, but for every game, every year? It's pathetic. Just do everyone a favor and not renew so someone who actually wants to go will put black and gold butts in those seats.

Big reason for that is because most of them probably aren't from Oakland or even been to O.co Coliseum (or whatever it's called these days) in their lifetime. I view it as more of a generational thing, like the Steelers; they were dominant in the 70's and gained widespread popularity far outside of northern California. Then when those fans had children, they likely just latched on to their parents' fanhoods due to being exposed to Raider games on TV.

So sure, they do travel well, but since the Raiders returned a good portion of their visiting team allotment, that means most of the Raider fans there yesterday bought them off Saints STH's just looking to make money.

At least 10k seats are owned by ticket brokers. They are from out of town and put all their tickets on the secondary market. When the Saints are doing well, most of the tickets are scooped up locally. When they aren't doing well OR playing a team that travels well, you are going to see a ton of visiting fans.

I know that a lot of those lower bowl 100's seats are corporate owned. Our office building owns a couple seats in 140-something that I get once a year. I'm sure that it's a different pair of people at every game, and while they might be Saints fans, they might not know how to be Saints fans in the dome. By that, I mean, they just aren't into screaming and making fools of themselves while the team is on defense all in the name of making noise so the Saints can perform better.

I'm one of the few people who are glad that people sell seats for every game. That's the way I get to make it to 6 games a year. I prefer to sit in the terrace. It's a rowdier crowd up there and the seats are much cheaper.

Visit Oakland a time or two and you'll understand. Thats just Oakland. It's a tough place with tough people. Foul language, intimidation, etc. is just a way of life there.

well then i apologize. it's a game , not a reason for civilized people to tussle.

i hope the best for your famil's well being.

Soupcan, I have to chime in as well. We had a pair in front and a little left of us. I struck up a conversation with them and it was fun and pleasant. As soon as the game started the guy was beyond obnoxious, vulgar and crude. It was like a switch went off. His girlfriend/spouse tried several time to reel him in and he started berating her. She was cool and apologetic the whole time. He tried to start a fight with a guy behind him, who took the high road and restrained himself. The security guys came and he whined and weaseled his way out of an ejection.

And as overall observations - they were plenty in number and a lot of that fan base tries very, very hard to look and act gangsta.

1. every team has bad fans. some more than others but all do. Raider's had a lot of fans there and just made it "appear" that much worse as evil people. Had a bunch around me as well that were very vocal but nothing too out of line. pretty much good natured smack back & forth. Saints season ticket holders sell a lot of tickets every game. A lot of times it's other Saints fans that buy them but that is not the case when the Stealers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc... play here.

2. It's funny to see a lot of people on here be critical of how Raider fans were out of line in the way they acted when a lot of the same people that post on here are also LSU fans (pretty common knowledge around the southeast how LSU fans' actions are viewed)

Most of the ones sitting near me were fine, maybe one was heavily taunting at the end, so I guess I got lucky. 49ers fans remain the worst I have encountered in the Superdome.

Agree. Decade in Decade out, 49ers fans are the worst by far. Odd, because San Francisco is a great town.

. . .

Attachments

• da41c254296e008fc2a32814ab0620e5.jpg
    da41c254296e008fc2a32814ab0620e5.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 10
seahawks and eagles. tied.

Not sure as travelers, but Philly is commonly known as a rough environment for their home games. The old "Vet" had a holding cell and judge on duty on game days.

More recently to the party is Seattle. Been there done that. They are animals in their own house. I have no desire to return.

Oakland is notoriously a rough environment, and it carries over in to the stadium.

As a rule, I'd say we are as passionate as any fans in the league, but good natured. I can't say that about the other three.

Yeah, I know, we're talking about visiting teams, but I'd assume their behavior in their own stadiums comes with them when they travel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom