Raiders Game Predictions (1 Viewer)

Raiders 35
Saints 7

I think it will be very similar to the Texans game last year. I hope I'm wrong.

You're stunned that people are picking the saints to lose? You realize the offensive line is patchwork at best (which means little to no run game and Brees dodging linemen), and our defense, though maybe slightly improved, was statistically one of the worst in NFL history last year?

I'm surprised that we are favored. Our opening games momentum/excitement can only carry us so far. We can only hope Brees gets the ball off lightning fast and we get on top of them quick.

I think if we play well, we could be in a shootout.

Actually if we play well (really solid) in all three phases we win by double digits. If the oline struggles we are in for a serious dog fight. Quit talking like we are playing the All Madden Team. This will still be a team (Raiders) that finish 3rd in their division (they'll compete for a division title next season). Very solid, and up and coming, but not there yet. If we protect drew he will destroy their safeties.

We are definitely the media underdog and I can understand why. We were mediocre last year and the preseason did not show any progress in terms of our team. I kind of like that we are being taken for granted, particularly when I consider that we are opening at home, with a lot, hopefully, of avid Saints fans. I believe Drew is going to come out smoking hot and our defense will do enough, even absent Ellerbe, to get the offense opportunities.
In sum, I see a New Orleans 30 - 23 WIN!!!

I think both defenses come out swinging. Brees will probably have Mack in his face more than a few times. I'm cautiously optimistic though that our defense having finally turned the corner may end up being the difference.

21-17 Saints

We have to get out to a fast start

I don't see the running game doing much of anything so we'll have to pick them apart through the air. Hopefully our patchwork OL can give Brees just enough time for some quick strikes to Snead and Cooks

I don't think the Raiders are "the Raiders" anymore. In my opinion, they have the 2nd best offensive line behind Dallas, a line that will make it extremely difficult to get to Carr, a really good young QB. He has a nice plethora of weapons that compliment each other, and with the addition of the guard from Baltimore there ability to run the football will be better this year. I don't expect our defense to be able to get after Carr very much, that's a dominate OL.

I'm really worried about their defense. Mack is an alien, amd I think they have other guys that can get to Drew as well. They are stout on all three levels defensively to the point where our offense could struggle.

I wish I could be more optimistic but I'm just not. They're signifanctly better than us upfront. This could be the year they make the postseason. If we do get the win, I will be absolutely thrilled.

I'm gonna go Oakland 27, Saints 17.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom