Raiders gearing up for Offense or trading down??? (1 Viewer)

Rum

All-Pro
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7913610/Raiders-add-injured-Giants-DT-Joseph

Raiders just signed DT William Joseph from the Giants.

That's 2 DTs this off-season, too bad Sapp retired on them. Trading for D. Hall from the Fclowns. S G. Wilson. Sounds like they've added to everything but LBs in FA--don't know what theirs are like, tho.

They added WRs J. Walker and D. Carter. And OT Kwame Harris.

Think Al Davis is planning on grabbing RunDMC in the 1st? Or maybe J. Long the OT? Gonna give Jamarcus some weapons?

Or is he looking to trade down?

If Sapp hadn't retired, I'd feel sure that they weren't gonna take either Dorsey or Ellis with the #4 pick.

Hopefully it goes 1) Long (either) 2) Long (the other) 3) Matt Ryan 4) Darren McFadden. Both Ellis and Dorsey available after the 1st 4 picks and only Kansas City and Cincinnati would (could jump above them) make sense as real options to take the DTs

I think they either take Chris Long or Vernon Gholston, assuming one of them is there.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7913610/Raiders-add-injured-Giants-DT-Joseph

Raiders just signed DT William Joseph from the Giants.

That's 2 DTs this off-season, too bad Sapp retired on them. Trading for D. Hall from the Fclowns. S G. Wilson. Sounds like they've added to everything but LBs in FA--don't know what theirs are like, tho.

They added WRs J. Walker and D. Carter. And OT Kwame Harris.

Think Al Davis is planning on grabbing RunDMC in the 1st? Or maybe J. Long the OT? Gonna give Jamarcus some weapons?

Or is he looking to trade down?

If Sapp hadn't retired, I'd feel sure that they weren't gonna take either Dorsey or Ellis with the #4 pick.

They have great young LBs in Morrison and Howard

If they're smart they'll take one of the 'can't miss' offensive tackles with the first pick. They have a capable runningback already and Walker is more than solid at receiver. They can get by with a mediocre O-Line with Russell at QB unlike many other QB's who fold at the sight of a pass rush, but first they need to upgrade the line to mediocre.

I personally think they would be crazy not to take McFadden.
I know Fargas and Lamont Jordan are decent backs but I just don't see how you can pass on a home run threat like DMC. This guy has been a beast playing in the toughest conference in college football. They already have the makings of a nice defense with some nice backers and a young talented secondary especially with Hall.

You have a franchise QB and you need to give him every oppurtunity to succeed.with playmakers surrounding him. With Curry, Walker Z. Miller and DMC they would have some legit weapons on offense and a nice corps group of young talented players on offense for the fans to be excited about.

Just my thoughts.

Geez guys it's the Raiders, who knows what they are thinking.

Yes, we are talking Al Davis here. He could do anything from taking McFadden to something totally out of left field like taking another QB if Matt Ryan drops. That team is a disaster.......

They could go either way. They've signed players at almost every position that you guys are talking about (Kwame Harris at OT, Joseph, re-signed Fargas). William Joseph signed for 680k, so it's not like they have a huge investment in him. They are giving themselves a lot of flexibility depending on who is there when they pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom