Raiders now letting Carr speak with teams regarding a trade (1 Viewer)

A Carr trade will have to involve the Raiders absorbing a portion of his cap hit or sending cash to the new team with Carr. At least in our case if we have to send an early round pick.

The higher the pick, the more of the salary the Raiders cover.

We presumably have a huge advantage in that Carr (reportedly) really wants to play for us. The Raiders want to get ANYTHING of value for him that they can. I've been saying I only want Carr if he's released, but this could benefit us. Any way you slice it, the Raiders lose on this.

too much money, unless they do a trade and resign to a longer contract. send them a 4th

I’m in the minority who isn’t going to say a trade is a deal-breaker for me. Really depends on the trade terms and if the salary can be worked out. This team has to get better at QB and the opportunities to accomplish that this offseason are going to be few. Carr, imo, is about the best of the veteran possibilities.

We would have to kick the can.. then rely on getting dline in draft

I’m in the minority who isn’t going to say a trade is a deal-breaker for me. Really depends on the trade terms and if the salary can be worked out. This team has to get better at QB and the opportunities to accomplish that this offseason are going to be few. Carr, imo, is about the best of the veteran possibilities.
Especially if the trade leads to a restructure and LV eating a significant portion of the money.

A big benefit of draft picks is getting quality players on cheap contracts. But if the $ LV eats allows us to save the cap space, it could work the same way.

Thoughts:
1) Everyone knows Carr is getting cut with his no trade clause and 40M contract so no trade offers were made.
2) Raiders didn't let Carr seek a trade until now because they don't want teams to basically negotiate his new salary post-cut ensuring zero picks.
3) Raiders are now bluffing that they will pay Carr 40M to ride the bench like Mayfield or mend fences in hopes of trade offers.
4) Teams won't take Carr at 40M and may offer a pick if the Raiders eat 10M+ of the cap hit.
5) Wentz, Wilson, and Ryan trades are making teams gun-shy for aging QBs with declining production.

I don't about a trade with his current salary.

too much money, unless they do a trade and resign to a longer contract. send them a 4th
Ok, what we now know is that because I agree with you on the compensation, it will be at least more then that… 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom