Raiders now letting Carr speak with teams regarding a trade (1 Viewer)

The Raiders embarrassed the guy. The week before he was benched he was on national TV all emotional about the team. Instead of LV supporting him, they kicked him To the curb. If I were Carr I’d be “leaving Las Vegas” without them getting jack. If DA has any influence & Carr wants to be here, then they wait til 2/15. If it takes the Saints to give up picks and win a bidding war, then, I’d pass. LV won’t screw themselves and the locker room vibe and pay 40m for a P'Oed off guy to ride the bench. Plan B is to package some picks to move to the middle of round 1 for a QB. Resign AD on the cheap asap. So you’re not going into the draft with no QB. You’ll have no leverage otherwise.

If you’re not adding any years, you can typically restructure a player’s contract without their approval. The Saints would want to add a couple of void years, that would need approval.
If he wants to play in New Orleans, send the Raiders a 7th round pick. If he wants to play in New Orleans, he would have to agree to a restructure adding a couple of void years.

Carr has total control over this. He can tell the Raiders the only team he will agree to be traded to is New Orleans. The Raiders can "accept" a 7th round pick or ger nothing. Saints could lock up Carr and not get in a bidding war with other teams.

Don't send Raiders more than a token draft choice. Carr just has to say only the Saints or he refuses to waive his no trade clause. They will 99.9999% chance cut him if he's not traded.

Carr is an upgrade at QB....I think. 🤔

I'd wait them out. I wouldn't trade for him. Wait for him to be cut then try to sign him on our terms.
Our cap problem is this year. We will have trouble competing in free agency. If LV does eat 10M this year, they would still save 25M, and it would help us afford him. Then the subsequent year, when our cal situation improves, he’ll be getting a good starter salary. Perhaps we could give them a 4th with it changing to a 3rd if he achieves high goals. We should still draft his replacement, but we can afford to draft a developmental guy.

People should be thankful a QB of Carr's caliber is a possibility for us. I swear we could be rumored to get Mahommes and there would still be some posters wanting to pass to try their luck on a late first draft QB. Trade for Carr and go offensive heavy in the draft and we are well on our way to be winning team that goes deep in the playoffs only to get ousted off of an obviously bad/rigged call. Who wouldn't want dat?

Our cap problem is this year. We will have trouble competing in free agency. If LV does eat 10M this year, they would still save 25M, and it would help us afford him. Then the subsequent year, when our cal situation improves, he’ll be getting a good starter salary. Perhaps we could give them a 4th with it changing to a 3rd if he achieves high goals. We should still draft his replacement, but we can afford to draft a developmental guy.

Weren't the Saints $70 million over the cap last year when they went after Watson with a huge deal? The cap is just a minor inconvenience for Loomis if they want someone.

Weren't the Saints $70 million over the cap last year when they went after Watson with a huge deal? The cap is just a minor inconvenience for Loomis if they want someone.

Yep. We don't have a cap problem. Underhill has written about it. Ross Jackson did a good podcast the other day. There's plenty of space to be created if we need it. We're better off this year than we were last year and we're going to be even better off next year.

I don’t know about picking up Carr contract, to me he’s not that far off from a performance level of Andy Dalton. If you pick up his contract we’re probably going to have to drop one impact player on defense and not sign Kaden Ellis.

If Carr gets hurt in the pro bowl game. The raiders have to pay him 30 million dollars guaranteed because of his injury clause for 2022-23 season. Carr could hold the hostage, and he has a no trade clause. No one is bringing this up.

Sending them a pick for him is doing the Raiders a favor. Given our recent history, I can see us giving the Raiders a couple of late round picks for him.
Here's the problem with what we might think is fair value in a trade: The Colts sent a third round pick to Atlanta for the dried out husk of Matt Ryan. As part of that deal, the Falcons ate $40.5m of dead cap that same season.

So, either we're paying a mid round pick or higher for a cheaper contract, or a lower round pick for something closer to Carr's current $35-43m per season. It's not going to be cheap to trade for him in at least one of those two dimensions.

And that's the simple version, because Carr is still young enough to be thinking about getting one more big QB contract in his career.

If Carr gets hurt in the pro bowl game. The raiders have to pay him 30 million dollars guaranteed because of his injury clause for 2022-23 season. Carr could hold the hostage, and he has a no trade clause. No one is bringing this up.
What pro bowl game?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom