Raider's Reporter ~ HIS Keys to the Matchup (1 Viewer)

Why the red thumb?

Getting antsy for the game ... searching for Saints news in enemy territory ...

Oakland Raiders vs. New Orleans Saints: Keys to the game

I love going to our opponents news sites and sports forums to see what they are saying. Most of them are crap sites (compared to SR.com), but the Seahawks forum is pretty good.

The writer is right thought, the two key matchups are Brees vs Raiders D (who knows what we have on defense, but Brees is as consistent as the sun), and Dennis Allen vs Carr.

It's funny how the national media is all, "meh, Drew Brees blah blah blah" and when we play teams, their local media is like, "oh ****, Drew Brees."

It's funny how the national media is all, "meh, Drew Brees blah blah blah" and when we play teams, they're local media is like, "oh ****, Drew Brees."

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The funny thing about the natl media and the way they treat Brees is that Brees has kinda spoiled them.

Brees is so incredibly consistent and great that they say Drew had a "bad" year last year.

Drew's "bad" year would be a "career" year for 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. Any QB would give his left nugget to have a "bad" year that consisted of 33 TDs, 11 INTs and 4800+ yards (while missing 1 game, mind you).

But when local sports folks talk about Brees they acknowledge the greateness that is Drew since they don't play against him often. And the teams in our division know Drew because they get torched twice a year by him.

I love going to our opponents news sites and sports forums to see what they are saying. Most of them are crap sites (compared to SR.com), but the Seahawks forum is pretty good.

The writer is right thought, the two key matchups are Brees vs Raiders D (who knows what we have on defense, but Brees is as consistent as the sun), and Dennis Allen vs Carr.
So the key matchups are our offense vs. their defense and our defense vs. their offense. Got it!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Derek Carr against the Dennis Allen-led defense is a close second, but that’s a strength (Carr) against a weakness (Saints defense was 31st in the league last year).

Does this writer know it's no longer "last year"?

So, basically, our offense vs. their defense, and their offense vs. our defense? Got it.

The funny thing about the natl media and the way they treat Brees is that Brees has kinda spoiled them.

Brees is so incredibly consistent and great that they say Drew had a "bad" year last year.

Drew's "bad" year would be a "career" year for 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL. Any QB would give his left nugget to have a "bad" year that consisted of 33 TDs, 11 INTs and 4800+ yards (while missing 1 game, mind you).

But when local sports folks talk about Brees they acknowledge the greateness that is Drew since they don't play against him often. And the teams in our division know Drew because they get torched twice a year by him.

Imagine if Dak Prescott has the kinda year Brees had last year.

The universe couldn't contain the adulation he'd get.

From the article....

Here's a little nugget to chew on this morning, "They’ve only played New Orleans twice in the Drew Brees era (schedule rotations mean they only face each NFC team every four years) and have lost both by a combined 72-20 score."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom