Rainbow Six Vegas 2 >= COD4 ??? (1 Viewer)

I am so glad we just rented this game. Last night we got about halfway through the story and to be honest, it really isn't that good of a game.

The up close graphics are good but the far away graphics are horrible. I can't believe the hard lines and angles from a $60 game.

Gameplay is ok, nothing great. Hard to imagine being in vegas and seeing all these bad guys keep repelling off of fast ropes everywhere.

Haven't played any of the online stuff yet. It better be something really special to make up for the story and the graphics shortcomings

Yeah I rented this game and am also half way through. The graphics are a little improved but nothing that says wow. Online is having bad server issues but I am sure they are workin on that. I usually only play terrorist hunt but when I actually find a game I can join I usually get booted, which unfortunately happens alot.

Just beat it. Gotta say, it never really got any better. Between waiting on busy ropes and horrible AI, gotta say not the best game. Definitely a rental, if anything.

I finally started playing it last night, for a few hours. I got it the day it came out but haven't been able to get off Tiger Woods 08 (that game is very addicting). I really enjoyed it but I need to get some more play time in to get a real opinion.

Considering more people play COD4 on the 360 alone than Halo 3, no.

By the way, is there a link that shows this? I've been looking for a site that shows what the most played games are on xbox live; haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

By the way, is there a link that shows this? I've been looking for a site that shows what the most played games are on xbox live; haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

majornelson.com. He's the director of programming for xbox live. And note that this is JUST the rankings on Xbox Live, not overall.

I thought we were talkin about better, not more popular.

It IS better. And the proof is in the number of players who play it.

It's funny watching the new converts from Halo 3 get into CoD4. They still have the bunny hopping reflexes, and they die horribly every single time.

the bottom line for me with COD4 vs Halo is this:

i prefer more realistic shooters......it's really that simple.....nothing like being in the thick of a situation that is actually possible......

FWIW, i have only played halo1, and i think i might have played 2 in a drunken stupor......either way, i can put COD4 up to resistance on ps3 and i still feel the same....

i prefer more realistic shooters......it's really that simple.....nothing like being in the thick of a situation that is actually possible......

FWIW, i have only played halo1, and i think i might have played 2 in a drunken stupor......either way, i can put COD4 up to resistance on ps3 and i still feel the same....

And rightfully so. I just seems to me that there is more strategy involved in Halo. Some of you may think I'm crazy, but so be it.

In Halo, smarts come into play so much more. There is just so much you can do once your engaged in battle and so many ways to outsmart your opponent.

In COD4 70% of the game just relies on reaction. No matter what gun you use, when you come face to face with an enemy, its just who can pull the trigger first. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, its just a different style. I think they tried to even things out with perks and such. But failed miserable with crap such as martyrdom.

And for whoever said Halo guys suck once they move to COD. I went into my first game of COD the other day and jumped in a free for all game. I didn't know what gun I had, I had never seen the map before and didn't know a thing about tactics in the game. I ended the game in 1st place with 25 kills and 7 deaths. Then continued on to rape level 55's in Team Slayer just because I could pull the trigger faster.

So you see, I beat "good" COD players my first time on. How about all you folks who have never played a game of Halo 3 actually come try it out before you judge. And lets see how your quick reaction time fairs in Halo.

If you like realistic shooters you may want to give Rainbow a rental. After more playing time with Rainbow and COD4, I find COD4 more 'popcorn fun'. Perks are kinda lame especially matyrdom and juggarnaut. Anyone who gets a high kill/low death ratio I commend you because it's just ridiculous how you could be respawned with an opponent behind you or right in an airstrike. Maybe they should consider a 5 second immunity after respawing.

If you like realistic shooters you may want to give Rainbow a rental.

i am playing the first vegas right now....just single player though.....it's a pretty solid game and more strategic than COD

it's right up there with COD4

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom