Raised By Wolves (1 Viewer)

It does have some controversial overtones ringed in with androids supposedly being staunch atheists and indoctrinating their human embryonic children into hard scientific materialism and mocking any believers of faith as childlike, unintelligent idiots or scolding their children on numerous occasions if they even suspected they were praying. Even as a Catholic, most atheists dont indoctrinate or scold their kids if they show interest in religions or develop personal faith of their own. Of the two original androids, character Father comes across as more reasonable, realistic of their initial situation and how their parenting skills have been lackluster.

And without ruining the show by giving away too much information, Travis Fimmel, so far after watching one episode, is going to be the star of this show. His Vikings accent is still noticeable and one might get the impression he comes across as Ragnar in a space suit. Fimmel's people are religious, but they worship some New Age-ish form of Mithras cult popular in ancient Greco-Roman world, particularly among the Roman legionaries and generals. Their god is called Sol after the cult of the Divine Sun, Sol Invictus--a major pagan deity worshipped by many late antiquity Romans, even Constantine the Great before he converted to Christianity on his deathbed.

Last edited:
Hoping to get to this tonight, looks super intriguing. Thought I read 3 episodes are up for streaming, is that the case? How long are runtimes?

That’s what I saw too
Like The Boys, 3 episodes at once, then weekly

That's really annoying. The streaming services establish the full content dump long ago and now they are trying to pull back from that to stretch out their content. I just don't have time for drip content anymore and I find it reduces my enjoyment of a show. I noticed it with Doom Patrol. I really enjoyed the first season and the second season up to the point that I caught up and had to wait a week for a new episode. After that it just didn't hold my attention and didn't seem as good. I get why the streaming service like drip fed content, but it's not good for consumer choice.

That's really annoying. The streaming services establish the full content dump long ago and now they are trying to pull back from that to stretch out their content. I just don't have time for drip content anymore and I find it reduces my enjoyment of a show. I noticed it with Doom Patrol. I really enjoyed the first season and the second season up to the point that I caught up and had to wait a week for a new episode. After that it just didn't hold my attention and didn't seem as good. I get why the streaming service like drip fed content, but it's not good for consumer choice.
I guess I get it for premium (hbo, et al) channels, but for Amazon prime it’s just dumb

Well... now that I see that Ragnar Lothbrok is in it, I'm in! :9:

It does have some controversial overtones ringed in with androids supposedly being staunch atheists and indoctrinating their human embryonic children into hard scientific materialism and mocking any believers of faith as childlike, unintelligent idiots or scolding their children on numerous occasions if they even suspected they were praying. Even as a Catholic, most atheists dont indoctrinate or scold their kids if they show interest in religions or develop personal faith of their own. Of the two original androids, character Father comes across as more reasonable, realistic of their initial situation and how their parenting skills have been lackluster.

And without ruining the show by giving away too much information, Travis Fimmel, so far after watching one episode, is going to be the star of this show. His Vikings accent is still noticeable and one might get the impression he comes across as Ragnar in a space suit. Fimmel's people are religious, but they worship some New Age-ish form of Mithras cult popular in ancient Greco-Roman world, particularly among the Roman legionaries and generals. Their god is called Sol after the cult of the Divine Sun, Sol Invictus--a major pagan deity worshipped by many late antiquity Romans, even Constantine the Great before he converted to Christianity on his deathbed.
Without spoiling it, there is a reason for the strict no religion teaching.
It seems the war that destroyed earth was basically Religion vs Atheist. Almost like a global Crusade. Also, there is a reason Father is different than Mother, considering what type of Android she is.

So, my plan was to wait until all the episodes were up so I could binge watch the entire show. But, I got bored and impatient and watched them all last night because I have no self-control.

It's a really well made show and, as you would expect for anything involving Ridley Scott, the visuals are often really amazing. I also find the concept interesting and to be fairly new concept in the world of Sci-Fi. I mean each of the elements have been done before, but I don't recall anyone putting them together in this way. I know the reason for the strong anti-religious stance by Mother and Father, but even as an atheist, I did find all the religion stuff to be a bit strong and oversimplified. But, I hope, and suspect that they will flesh that out a bit and make it more nuanced. But, overall I did enjoy it. The story kept moving and there wasn't much in the way of wasted scenes or shots. Strong editing job.

So, my plan was to wait until all the episodes were up so I could binge watch the entire show. But, I got bored and impatient and watched them all last night because I have no self-control.

It's a really well made show and, as you would expect for anything involving Ridley Scott, the visuals are often really amazing. I also find the concept interesting and to be fairly new concept in the world of Sci-Fi. I mean each of the elements have been done before, but I don't recall anyone putting them together in this way. I know the reason for the strong anti-religious stance by Mother and Father, but even as an atheist, I did find all the religion stuff to be a bit strong and oversimplified. But, I hope, and suspect that they will flesh that out a bit and make it more nuanced. But, overall I did enjoy it. The story kept moving and there wasn't much in the way of wasted scenes or shots. Strong editing job.

Dammit I am trying to hold off but you are making it difficult

Dammit I am trying to hold off but you are making it difficult

If it helps, I wish I would have waited. I now have to wait for weeks or live with once a week drops. I was planning to just watch one episode, but just couldn't stop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom