"Rambo" : Who saw it? {No spoilers intended} (1 Viewer)

saintsfan342000

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And who else thought that it was TOTALLY KICK*** ! That was one of the better action movies that I've seen in a while, and like "Rocky Balboa", which I felt brought perfect closure to the Rocky series, the new Rambo movie brings that saga to a final ending as well.

The reviews you read are correct: the film is violent. However comma I don't think that the violence detracts from the story, but rather that it adds to the intensity of the film. I literally finished some of the action sequences breathless, and people in my theater were applauding after some scenes.

If you saw any of the first three and like them, then go see this new one. It's good stuff.

I'm thinking about going watch it tonight. I was thinking that it'd be better than all of the others.

The first Rambo was an excellent movie. The second and third are the action-movie equivalents of Rocky 4 and 5.

This new Rambo, though, is unbelievable. Sits in a league by itself. Some parts make laugh, some parts make you wanna look away (not because of the gore but because of the situations), but most parts make you wanna jump through the screen and take some names with John.

Don't bring the wife/girlfriend, and certainly don't bring the kids.

Just got back from watching it. Liked it a lot for what it was - a hardcore action movie. Not a lot of energy wasted on a complicated plot or multi-dimensional characters. Show us the bad guys, give us a good reason to hate them, and then unleash Rambo.

I've only gone to the movies by myself twice in my life - today for Rambo (there was no way I could convince my wife to go to this one, especially after talking her into Cloverfield just a week ago) and the first time for Rocky Balboa. And I loved both of them.

For Rocky fans - I saw the last one by myself because the wife was out of town and I couldn't wait. She did the right thing and went to see it a week later with me and some friends.

saw Rambo yesterday

heres a quick ploy synopsis:

Missionary: can you take us up river?

Rambo: No

Hot Female Missionary: Please?

Rambo: OK

ANother Missionary: Hey Rambo, those missionarys are missing-can you and this team of sterotyped mercenaries go get them?

Rambo: Sure

The rest of the Movie: Rambo stands in the back of a truck and shoots burmese soldiers for 50 minutes with a.50 cal machine gun. while a british sniper, alos armed with a 50 cal shoots people inn the head. Much, much gore and graphic, large bullet meets small asian person violence and very detailed decapitation ensues.

the end.

in a word. awesome.

saw Rambo yesterday

heres a quick ploy synopsis:

Missionary: can you take us up river?

Rambo: No

Hot Female Missionary: Please?

Rambo: OK

ANother Missionary: Hey Rambo, those missionarys are missing-can you and this team of sterotyped mercenaries go get them?

Rambo: Sure

The rest of the Movie: Rambo stands in the back of a truck and shoots burmese soldiers for 50 minutes with a.50 cal machine gun. while a british sniper, alos armed with a 50 cal shoots people inn the head. Much, much gore and graphic, large bullet meets small asian person violence and very detailed decapitation ensues.

the end.

in a word. awesome.

LMAO. I can't wait to see it.

great movie. I enjoyed this rambo more than the others. It does get gory but....... it's rambo. what'd you expect? Great action movie. And if you're a fan of the past rambo movies, or any Sly movie... Go watch it. You'll get your moneys worth. And as for the advice not to bring your girlfriend... It's good advice... Brought mine, she fell asleep within 30 minutes. I don't think i like her as much as i used to... :ezbill:

rambo-death-chart.jpg

I finally watched this movie on Blu-Ray tonight.

Greatness.

We watched this Sunday night and I liked it. The story seemed truncated but it's not like we were dealing with a very complicated plot......when it was over I was kind like "what? already?".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom