Rams Didn't Lose, The Saints Won... (1 Viewer)

YeaSaintsWin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
All over the media, talking heads are commenting on how the Rams lost their first game of the season. Silly rabbits, the Rams didn't lose a game, the Saints won a statement victory.

How important is homefield advantage in the playoffs? Just ask the LA Rams would they rather face the Saints in the Benz Dome or in LA during the playoffs. The Saints now own a tie-breaking victory over every Division Leader in the NFC. The only problem is, the team can't put any air between them and the Carolina Panthers.

It's a good problem to have. Being winners of 7 straight and being front runners in the only NFL division with 20 wins on the season, the Saints are in a good position half way through the season's schedule. A 7-game win streak is one shy of last year's 8-game streak, but the team can't relax because of the NFC-South teams in the rear-view mirror.

Fact is Cam Newton is having a better year than his MVP season and the Panthers are one game behind the Saints. Then there are the Falcons and Bucs who are finding ways to win using explosive offense to hide flaws in their porous defenses. And, like last season, the NFC South has a good chance of placing 3 teams in the NFC playoff tournament.

Bottom line, half the teams playing on Sunday lost and the Saints won a seventh game in a row. And the team has to keep on winning to remain the pace setter in the NFC-South.

GO Saints!!

I mean either way... A bunch of Who Dats would invade LA, regardless. If the Falcons are their 14 fans can do it last year in the playoff. Why not us?

Been hearing all morning the bad spot on the fake field goal cost them the game. The refs are the problem according to SiriusXM NFL

I keep hearing that the Rams would have won if the game was played in L.A. - OK - so is that the same as saying that the Rams can only win the game at home? Based on that analysis - that is saying that they are not good enough to win on the road.

Also hearing - "the Saints are a different team on the road" - to which I agree - the Saints are a different team on the road as they are the only team in the NFL to win all of their road games so far (Steelers have a tie).

No home field advantage is worth 10 points, sorry. And Rams have one of the weakest ones in the league

I hate this "team won, team lost" style take/argument. It's the type of argument where you can't disagree cause it states fact as the main point. In reality, both statements end up being true.

The game was a lot closer than the final score, largely because of our incompetence on defense with blowing a 21 point lead. I'm just glad we won, cause the way the second half went, it was looking like Carolina 2015 all over again.

Disagree on everyone saying the Rams are hyped up just for being in L.A. Do any of you see any love for the Chargers? Rivers is having a great year. He's a legit top 5 QB this year and San Diego had the makings of a pretty good team in the off season but did you ever hear anything about it? Even now, the Chargers are 6-2 and I haven't heard a peep in the media about them.

Fact is Cam Newton is having a better year than his MVP season and the Panthers are one game behind the Saints. Then there are the Falcons and Bucs who are finding ways to win using explosive offense to hide flaws in their porous defenses. And, like last season, the NFC South has a good chance of placing 3 teams in the NFC playoff tournament.

Shockingly true about Cam Newton. Norv Turner seems to have really helped him with his accuracy issues and he's on pace to out-rush his 2015 season as well. I reckon he'll fall short of the TD pass numbers though.

The Panthers were always going to be our biggest threat, I have believed it since the past summer. They're the only team in the NFC South who actually has a defense. I highly doubt we beat them 3 times this year.

Atlanta seems to have rediscovered their offense again and are doing much better.

No home field advantage is worth 10 points, sorry. And Rams have one of the weakest ones in the league

Which is why I have no doubt the Rams will finish 13-3 or 14-2. Their schedule is such a joke, they'll have the NFC West crown by the first week of December.

At least we have the tie breaker over them if we do manage to finish with the same record as them.

It is kind of crazy to hear a handful of talking heads saying they were impressed about how LA tied it up. They are giving the Rams more credit for losing than the Saints for winning. Not that it matters, we won and they didn't. It is just funny that they think that we would lose in LA yet we won at BAL and MIN.

Can you believe this:

Saints only have a 48% chance on beating the Cowboys according to ESPN FPI!

(Then again, they only gave the Saints a 38% chance of beating the Ravens.)

smh

NOTE: I can't find the ESPN FPI listing online for the Saints remaining games. I got the above info from my recording of Get Up this a.m. - the only other prediction lower than 50% was At Panthers with a 46% chance of winning.

The lowest above 50% chances of winning were against the Bengals at 53% and against the Steelers at 61%.

The other 4 games were around 67% (+ or - 1) chance of winning.

Been hearing all morning the bad spot on the fake field goal cost them the game. The refs are the problem according to SiriusXM NFL

Yeah. I heard that BS also....I remember when we limped into LA last year when we didn’t even have our two starting cornerbacks. We weren’t given excuses. All we heard about was how good the Rams were.

It almost seemed like the guys on Sirius radio were mad the Rams lost. Very biased from what I could hear.

How many minutes in that game did the rams have the lead score???

We dominated their Dline.
We EXPLOITED their pass coverage.
We neutralized Gurley and their running attack.

....but they're better.......ok.....

If I didn’t know better, by the ridiculous slobbering over the Rams in the media today I would’ve swore the Rams blew the Saints away in epic fashion.

If I didn’t know better, by the ridiculous slobbering over the Rams in the media today I would’ve swore the Rams blew the Saints away in epic fashion.
Yep - listening to Golic and Wingo this morning and they spent 10 minutes talking about the Rams and about 2 minutes talking about the Saints.

I thought we won the game?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom