Rams filing suit against Patriots! (1 Viewer)

My assuming that I know what Belichick's motivations were are as rational as your thinking that it had some advantage or he wouldn't have been doing it. We don't know, but I do know what people who participate in walkthroughs tell me. I trust them more than Bill Belichick, Roger Godell or Arlen Spector.

We make a big deal out of many, many meaningless petty acts. They often become television shows. We're a nation of rubberneckers and we love a good crash scene. This is simply another crash scene brought to you by Gatorade, Budweiser and be sure to buy your favorite team's apparel at NFLShop.com. It's what the Pro's wear!

I bet I could sit down and read the official NFL Rule Book and fill a thread with meaningless rules the NFL created. This is a league that once wanted to ban plastic helmets and facebars because they felt that leather helmets were safer and facemasks gave tacklers something to grab offensive players by. These people are far from an omnipotent authority.

Regardless of what you think about the importance (or lack of) regarding pregame walk-throughs etc. Why is it against the rules and why has Belichick done it for so many years if it doesn't give an advantage? I trust the league and Belichick's opinion of its importance more than anyone else's. What I don't trust is Belichick's assertion that he thought it was legal. The NFL made it crystal clear to the teams that it was not.

Yeah, in this past offseason they made it clear. Thats why the Pats were punished. Were the rules even on the books in 2002 though?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom