Rams filing suit against Patriots! (2 Viewers)

I shudder to think of the precedence this would set if successful.

I shudder to think of the precedence this would set if successful.

yeah it would be horrindous..... imagine getting precedent saying that if you can prove a team had a unfair advantage you can sue... you could say that if one player used steroids on a team, that helped that team cheat therefore........that's just one example but this would start a horrible downward spiral in ALL of the sports world...

yeah it would be horrindous..... imagine getting precedent saying that if you can prove a team had a unfair advantage you can sue... you could say that if one player used steroids on a team, that helped that team cheat therefore........that's just one example but this would start a horrible downward spiral in ALL of the sports world...

In an unrelated story, we have received word that Barry Bonds has just moved to Argentina.

/the fact that they have no extradition laws is a coincidence.

Sweet. The Rams join the ranks of the 2003 SC Trojans and 2005 Auburn Tigers of sore losers...

I don't see how the videotaping helped them win. Even Dan Rooney of the Steelers said that he doesn't think the videotaping of the Steelers helped the Patriots in anyway. It's a case of sore losers wanting to pound their chests again about how they were "cheated". You lost the Super Bowl. You should have dealt with it years ago, get over it!

I don't see how the videotaping helped them win. !

Think about it: Would Belichick have kept doing it every year, taking on the risk of going against the rules, if he wasn't getting an advantage ?

There are hundreds of plays in an NFL team playbook. If you know which ones they're focusing on in practice, especially situationally (goal line, short yardage etc) and formation-wise, then you have a pretty good idea which plays they'll use in the game. For instance, if in practice the only time they lined up in a two tight end formation in goal-line drills,they threw a pass in the flat to the fullback, you'd be watching the fullback a lot closer when they were in that formation in the game.

Think about it: Would Belichick have kept doing it every year, taking on the risk of going against the rules, if he wasn't getting an advantage ? QUOTE]

I agree 1000%

This is the kicker to me, people say it didn't help them. Then why, why, why, why put in the time, money, and resources and continue to do something that dosen't work for the better part of a decade. We are talking about filming that happend in 2002, Belicheck admitted to taping since 2000. Why if it has zero benificial value would you still be taping teams and get caught doing it in 2007. Oh for nothing thats right.

Funny thing is I remember and still think they do call Belicheck the best (x's and o's coach) Was the master of putting the right guys in the right place at the right time.
Suddenly seems a bit clearer (at least to me) why. Would seem eaiser to place your o's when you have a good idea where thier x's are going to be.

The whole thing is fishy and I think they are getting what they deserve. They can have thier *Dynasty. But it won't hold much merrit in comparison to the other greats.

It doesn't take a lot of time or resources to send an underling to watch a pre-game walkthrough to see if you can gain some insight into their game plan. Pre-game walkthoughs are nothing secretive as they are held out in the open. Any NFL player or coach will tell you this.

i think they did it because (almost) every other team was doing it, they just got caught... i hate the pats, but i think a judge will toss this

I don't see how the videotaping helped them win. Even Dan Rooney of the Steelers said that he doesn't think the videotaping of the Steelers helped the Patriots in anyway. It's a case of sore losers wanting to pound their chests again about how they were "cheated". You lost the Super Bowl. You should have dealt with it years ago, get over it!

Thank you. If the Lambs were a better team, all the videotape in the world would not have helped the Patsies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom