Rams owner has passed away (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Cha-Ching

Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.tmz.com/category/talk-sports/

TMZ has learned Georgia Frontiere, one of the few female owners in the history of the NFL, may not be attending the Super Bowl, and not because her team was 3-13.

The 80-year-old NFL icon, responsible for moving the Rams from Anaheim to St Louis, is in grave condition at an L.A. Hospital. Her condition is described as "minute to minute."

Under Georgia's rule, the Rams won their only Super Bowl in franchise history, back in 2000

UPDATE GEORGIA FRONTIERE HAS PASSED AWAY

http://www.theredzone.org/absolutenm/templates/template.asp?articleid=482&zoneid=1

Last edited:

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
That's horrible. RIP.
I'll keep her family in my prayers.

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers go out to not only her own family, but to those in the Rams organization.

ChrisKreager

All-Pro
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers to her family and the Rams.

BTW, here are my thoughts on when she moved the Rams from L.A.: The Rams at that time were really, really bad (around that time, the Saints owned them) and weren't getting much support in L.A.

Also, considering how the Cardinals had left for Phoenix, I don't blame her for moving the team.

St. Louis supported them more in the last decade then L.A. did for the Rams in the first half of the 1990s.

Saints04

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and the entire Rams franchise...RIP Ms. Georgia

SAINTIN NEBR

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Looks like she shed husbands faster than running back Duece McAllister shedding tacklers. Anyway, RIP

OP

Cha-Ching

Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like she shed husbands faster than running back Duece McAllister shedding tacklers. Anyway, RIP

:covri:

The one-time nightclub singer was married seven times, starting at age 15. Her sixth husband, Carroll Rosenbloom, owned the Los Angeles Rams at the time of his drowning death in 1979.

Frontiere remarried again after Rosenbloom's death. Her seventh husband, Dominic Frontiere, was an award-winning composer. They divorced in 1988 upon his release from prison after serving time on tax charges related to the scalping of more than 2,500 tickets to the 1980 Super Bowl in Pasadena.

donato

Regal Beagle V.I.P.
Reaction score
My prayers are with her and the husband she murdered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom