Rams owner has passed away (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

My prayers are with her and the husband she murdered.

Here's her connection to the Saints:

When Carroll Rosenbloom was the owner of the Rams (after swapping teams with the Irsays -the Baltimore Colts for the Rams... and of course we know what the Irsays did in 1983), he had a friendship with John Mecom, former owner of the Saints.

He asked Mecom to take care of his son, Steve Rosenbloom, should anything happen to Carroll. Well, Carroll drowned in '79, so Georgia quickly dispatched her stepson, and Mecom brought him on board as general manager in 1980.

Problem was, Dick Nolan was coach and general manager thanks to his contract... so Mecom essentially gave Rosenbloom some of the GM responsibilites to justify his employment with the Saints. Some allege that was one of the many problems that led to the Saints 1-15 season.

Rosenbloom was fired in 1981.

Here's her connection to the Saints:

When Carroll Rosenbloom was the owner of the Rams (after swapping teams with the Irsays -the Baltimore Colts for the Rams... and of course we know what the Irsays did in 1983), he had a friendship with John Mecom, former owner of the Saints.

He asked Mecom to take care of his son, Steve Rosenbloom, should anything happen to Carroll. Well, Carroll drowned in '79, so Georgia quickly dispatched her stepson, and Mecom brought him on board as general manager in 1980.

Problem was, Dick Nolan was coach and general manager thanks to his contract... so Mecom essentially gave Rosenbloom some of the GM responsibilites to justify his employment with the Saints. Some allege that was one of the many problems that led to the Saints 1-15 season.

Rosenbloom was fired in 1981.

Actually Rosenbloom quit after the hiring of Bum Phillips which was done contrary to the recommendations of Rosenbloom and the other front office individuals.

Thanks for the correction... but he wasn't a real loss... his name escapes me, but the guy who later ended up being the GM for the Jets was the only real loss.

As an addendum, Bob Whitman, who picked Russell Erxsleben (among other bad draft picks) ended up being a high school counselor at my alma mater De La Salle after he left the Saints.

Thanks for the correction... but he wasn't a real loss... his name escapes me, but the guy who later ended up being the GM for the Jets was the only real loss.

As an addendum, Bob Whitman, who picked Russell Erxsleben (among other bad draft picks) ended up being a high school counselor at my alma mater De La Salle after he left the Saints.

I think the potential was always there for him to do some good things, I mean he was heavily involved in both Colts and Rams teams that were consistently involved in the playoffs and AFC and NFC Championship games. I guess we never will know how it could have played out, but I'm pretty sure (as history shows) everyone was doomed under Meacom.

>>Her sixth husband, Carroll Rosenbloom...

Some of you may not know this, but some of the Rosenbloom family reside right here in New Orleans, Louisiana. I know some of them, and they are an interesting family. My family's ties to them go back to my youngest sisters's high school days (daze?) when she drove my 1977 Cutlass S into a swimming pool in a neighbor's backyard and then fell out of the car and into the pool. :covri: (representing though :rock: ).

My path does occasionally cross with one certain Rosenbloom. He's a model citizen and hard-partying type of guy who should have received a fortune had it not been for some dirty misdeeds and swindling :mad:

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom