Rams propose "Tom Brady Rule" after "unfair" situation from last season. (1 Viewer)

Isn't the "Tuck Rule" already the "Tom Brady Rule?"
Except, they overturned that dumb, stupid, indeterminable rule in 2011. It was just 10 years too late to serve as an official form of moral/emotional compensation for still aggrieved Raiders fans who rightfully, and logically, felt then and still do feel they were screwed.

After our own bitter, infuriating venomous experience with the NFL FO, Goodell, the infamous no-call, pass interference play in 2019 NFCCG that cost us a second SB appearance and arguably, Drew a chance to play and win his 2nd SB ring, I'm not so unsympathetic to other NFL teams with longer, more contensious relationships with NFL commissioners, various NFL owners who they grovel, debase themselves immediately by kissing their arses like its some presumed rite of passage to gain acceptance at the negotiating table.

Al Davis, very vocally and demonstratably, never set out to play power politics where it was dictated by someone else or a larger oligarch of majority of NFL professional owners. Jerry Jones likes to pretend he once and maybe still doesn't play the game of not following dictates of Roger Goodell and collective final decision-making of his fellow NFL owners, but apply the correct amount of financial and punitative measures and threats, he'll scream into submission and fall into line like everybody else.

So the article says the Rams won the game, so they are not really crying about it.
I also agree with the rule change they are proposing, it seems to make sense.

I agree. What the Rams are proposing is to make it so the team that created a violation of the rule actually gets penalized in an appropriate way. I support this change.

Last edited:
Isn't the "Tuck Rule" already the "Tom Brady Rule?"
The tuck rule was eliminated 4-5 years ago. It was a rule for about 2 years before the "famous" patriots v raiders game in 81 that the refs improperly used it, Brady had pumped for a throw but held the ball, after, he was tucking the ball and hit his left hand with it and lost control. That is a pure fumble and the refs screwed the raiders as badly as they did in the saints/rams game in '17.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom