FA Rams Release Todd Gurley (1 Viewer)

You know just a thought. Why is it I haven’t seen a player say New Orleans a desirable destination. Is it me or has it even been said before? Especially in the last decade

Hey Cowtown. Coach Pete told me 4-5 years ago that Tom Benson was by far the most player-caring owner in the league. His players knew that. His coaches knew that and Free Agents knew that. Supposedly, Tom Benson demanded his coaches treat the players like family.

I don't know if this is still the rep around the league anymore.

You know just a thought. Why is it I haven’t seen a player say New Orleans a desirable destination. Is it me or has it even been said before? Especially in the last decade

Weather, money, competition for playing time with AK and Murray. Not a desirable destination for a hobbled RB looking for one last payday.

With the amount of money left behind by his release, he’s gotta be almost done with football.

I think a lot of people when they think of Gurley they remember the beast from a few years ago. He was shell of his former self last season:

Attempts - 223
Yards - 857
TDs - 12
YPC - 3.8

Rec - 31
Yards - 207
TDs - 2

Those are good numbers but when you consider how much the Rams paid him, they don't look as great. Here's what the Saints got out of Latavius Murray for a tiny fraction of the cost:

Attempts - 146
Yards - 637
TDs - 5
YPC - 4.4

Rec - 34
Yards - 235
TD - 1

Sean Payton knows how to manage RBs and how to maximize their reps. Let's be real, if we somehow landed Gurley, he'd be absolutely amazingly AWESOME paired w/AK.

Sean Payton knows how to manage RBs and how to maximize their reps. Let's be real, if we somehow landed Gurley, he'd be absolutely amazingly AWESOME paired w/AK.

He could extend Gurley's career with how he utilizes RBs. There are other offenses that would end Gurley's career sooner than later.

Gurley looks like a broken down husk of his former self. I see that ending in five carries a game and an Adrian Peterson trade.

We didn't even give Murray the ball enough last year. Why add another mouth to feed?

Feel slightly bad for Gurley but couldn’t have happened to a better organization!

giphy.gif

Sucks to suck, Rams. That’s what y’all get for selling y’all soul in a weak attempt to fill seats. Enjoy your new, empty stadium
. :0016:

Hey our coach just got diagnosed with COVID-19. Lets not bring on more bad Karma

I've seen this play out before

1. Pats will sign him to a team-friendly one-year prove it deal.
2. He'll do great.
3. A team like the Jets/Lions/Browns will give him a record breaking signing bonus next offseason
4. His knee will literally explode in training camp.
You forgot:

5. The Pats get a 3rd round compensatory pick in the 2022 draft.

Hey Cowtown. Coach Pete told me 4-5 years ago that Tom Benson was by far the most player-caring owner in the league. His players knew that. His coaches knew that and Free Agents knew that. Supposedly, Tom Benson demanded his coaches treat the players like family.

I don't know if this is still the rep around the league anymore.
Yea no doubt. As a player. I dunno. Why not go to a city with passionate fans, incredible game day atmosphere. Top end coaches, and excellent food and party life. Man oh man. Who wouldn’t wanna come down there and work for a Super Bowl

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom