Rams sign Blake Bortles (1 Viewer)

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I wondered who would sign him. I didn't think a high powered attack team would. Dude struggled mightily last year. For those against Teddy B, I'm glad we have him and not Bortles!

Rams really aren't trying a whole lot to be honest this offseason.

Doesn't seem like it. They made so many signings last year that maybe they are just taking a different approach.

Let em, they are going to be in Cap hell before too long.

When you go after so many bigger name free agents in consecutive years. It's hard to bat 1,000. When you dont bat 1,000 you end up with a lot of dead money.

Just look at the blue print we put out from 2012-2014. It took us 3 years of exceptional offseason and drafting transactions to be in the position we are now.

Some teams it takes a lot longer then that. Just look at the browns for 20 years and the titans, jags, Bill's and many others.

The team that so called goes big in free agency, doesnt typically go big in the season

Rams Head it in for a SB run last offeeadon...I think at this point their trying to build around core players and keep fielding competitive teams.

Other team than the Rams have failed in FA miserably in their quest for a ring.

They did alright considering everything.

I’m sure they overpaid some, will be interesting to see how much they gave him. It would’ve been cheaper and arguably a better move to get AJ Mcarron. Glad they love Bortles ha!

I'm smelling a potential QB controversay when teams use the Patriots Superbowl blueprint on Goff.

Agreed. McVay is good but, as we've seen with Payton over the years, all it takes is an offseason or two and defenses will catch up.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I'm thinking the Rams struggle to make the playoffs this year.

Since Bortles was being paid something like $6 or $7 million still from his Jacksonville contract (and I think there was some offset wording), he probably signed for a relatively low salary. If so, I think it is a great pickup and would have liked him to come here if Teddy would have signed with Miami.

What do you do when you have a QB that got you 3 points in the Super Bowl?

Sign another that’ll do the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom