Rams sign trent green {merged} (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I just can gather the amount of emotion required to care who our backup QB is.

MommySaint

Reaction score
I am not suprised. I almost get this feeling that Palko os going to be our back up this year and we might draft a late round qb should Brunell also decide not to sign with us

keefresh2

on my own ignore list
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Their o-line has major issues. Green must really want to die on the field.

dat dam dog

Hall-of-Famer
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mercifully!

So many people on this board wanted him I was afraid my chant of DONT! wasn't being heard, LOL

Boy, am I glad we didn't sign him.

ddd

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, I was a little surprised we were in the running. After all, he's from there. What better than to play at home and get a nice contract for driving across town to sit on the bench? Nice work if you can get it...

WhoDATX512

High Priest of WhoDat
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Besides Gray who else is left as a possible backup. What about Carr? I wouldn't mind him coming in as a backup since he is younger than J-Mart

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
I am not suprised. I almost get this feeling that Palko os going to be our back up this year and we might draft a late round qb should Brunell also decide not to sign with us

I'm hoping for Brunell. Nothing against Palko but we're (knock on wood, fingers crossed) talking clipboard holder. Brunell is a guy who knows how to win and could even mentor Palko. And if (Heaven forbid) anything happened to Brees I get the feeling with Brunell the team would still have a slim chance. With Palko....well he'd get some game experience and we'd be looking forward to '09......

Sandman

Kind of Messed Up
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Besides Gray who else is left as a possible backup. What about Carr? I wouldn't mind him coming in as a backup since he is younger than J-Mart

Carr is horrible. He is the anti-Brees. No leadership and slow to deliver the ball. He is the last thing we need.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I think Joey Harrington is also still available. I wouldn't mind giving him or Carr a shot. Both of those guys have talent, but neither was really ever given an opportunity to succeed. Of course, it may be too late for both of them. But, I would like to see what Payton could do with that kind of talent to work with.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Carr is horrible. He is the anti-Brees. No leadership and slow to deliver the ball. He is the last thing we need.

A lot of that has to do with him getting killed year in and year out with the Texans. It's hard to be a team leader when you are on you back almost 60 times per year. He might be ruined forever, but if anyone can turn him around, it's Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom