Rams sign trent green {merged} (1 Viewer)

Carr is horrible. He is the anti-Brees. No leadership and slow to deliver the ball. He is the last thing we need.

A lot of that has to do with him getting killed year in and year out with the Texans. It's hard to be a team leader when you are on you back almost 60 times per year. He might be ruined forever, but if anyone can turn him around, it's Payton.

I think Joey Harrington is also still available. I wouldn't mind giving him or Carr a shot. Both of those guys have talent, but neither was really ever given an opportunity to succeed. Of course, it may be too late for both of them. But, I would like to see what Payton could do with that kind of talent to work with.

They are both statues.

A lot of that has to do with him getting killed year in and year out with the Texans. It's hard to be a team leader when you are on you back almost 60 times per year. He might be ruined forever, but if anyone can turn him around, it's Payton.

Agreed that he may be gun-shy, but he was terrible in the locker room. Reports from the Texans were that he never did anything with any of the other players after practice. Almost as if he was "too good" for them. It didn't sit well with the players, and that may have contributed the sub-par effort of his offensive line. The Texans players and fans all remarked at how much of a leader Schaub was than Carr.

The offensive line of the Texans isn't much better (if at all) for Schaub than it was for Carr. I use to take up for Carr saying that he just needed a chance. But after seeing what Schaub accomplished in Houston vs. what Carr did in Carolina, I've changed my mind.

I am not suprised. I almost get this feeling that Palko os going to be our back up this year and we might draft a late round qb should Brunell also decide not to sign with us

I would love for Palko to be the #2. I hate veteran #2's that only have a few years left like Green, Brunell, Martin, etc. etc. I want a guy who can come in and the defense doesn't know what to expect. Those are the guys that can keep it going, the Tony Romo's of the world. IF Drew went down (knock on wood) we're basically doomed and 40 years old former good QB is going to do us any good. You need someone with "it"...young guys have it more often than beat up veterans who can't earn starting roles.

No big surprise. His family lives there.

Does anyone know if that QB that we signed from the CFL is still on our team? I remember hearing about him a few months ago

I would love for Palko to be the #2. I hate veteran #2's that only have a few years left like Green, Brunell, Martin, etc. etc. I want a guy who can come in and the defense doesn't know what to expect. Those are the guys that can keep it going, the Tony Romo's of the world. IF Drew went down (knock on wood) we're basically doomed and 40 years old former good QB is going to do us any good. You need someone with "it"...young guys have it more often than beat up veterans who can't earn starting roles.

Agreed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom