Rams' Talib: Botched PI call 'not an L.A. problem' (1 Viewer)

As I expected, this matchup will be overblown. It’s only the second game of the season. Its not about the Rams, and the refs LAST year. Waay past time to move on from that!

It’s about US, in the NOW!

Whether it’s the Rams or anybody else, I jus wanna see US continue to improve on things we did well, and work on, n fix some issues we had last week, win the game n come out healthy.

So for now:

Never hate your enemy. It affects your judgment.

It ain’t personal, it’s just business.

On point!

I'm looking for a vengeance killing of biblical proportions, personally.

I've moved on, but it doesn't change how I feel about what happened.

As the Texan game showed, having Ted Ginn JR back will have an impact for the Saints. I think the Saints will have a strong game plan for Cook as well.

the #1 reason the Saints lost in the NFCCG was because the Saints offense stalled as it approached the red zone, esp in the first half and late in the game.

We score touchdowns instead of field goals, the Saints will win. I do wish we had Rankins back, but oh well.

As I expected, this matchup will be overblown. It’s only the second game of the season. Its not about the Rams, and the refs LAST year. Waay past time to move on from that!

I'm sure this is the NFL PR Deptment's plan. Overplay it AND get the controversy out of the way early in the season. It would have made more sense for these teams to play late in the year when everyone knows what's at stake - but everyone would be talking about the NFL's failure all season. I swear on the short replays they show on the NFL channel now it looks like they have sped the play up and show the worse angle to try to mitigate their failure.

Last edited:
I’m about as far from a Taleb fan as one can get, but there is nothing wrong with what he is saying. They wanted to win that game. I’m sure they wanted to do it without all the controversy. And what else are you going to say really? There is a game to prepare for as there was right after that game. You don’t have time to get drawn into that.

It’s about US, in the NOW!

Whether it’s the Rams or anybody else, I jus wanna see US continue to improve on things we did well, and work on, n fix some issues we had last week, win the game n come out healthy.

So for now:

Never hate your enemy. It affects your judgment.

It ain’t personal, it’s just business.
Kinda disagree. Robey-Coleman delivered a cheap shot penalty, knew he did, then bragg about it on facebook. I'd go out of my way to level him.

The media definitely enjoy talking about it, why wouldn’t they. However, the NFL could have made this game a MNF battle, but they know that it’s not good for the shield. So instead they are “hiding” it at the 3PM spot to prevent it from getting the pre-game attention.

Let’s crush em - Section 216 at the Coliseum!

Talib had a nice compliment for Drew, as quoted in this morning's Los Angeles Times:

Cornerback Aqib Talib said Rams defensive backs watched together Monday night as quarterback Drew Brees led the Saints to a last-second victory over the Houston Texans. After the Texans scored with 37 seconds left, Talib said Weddle pointed at the television and said, “Too … much … time!” Talib agreed. Thirty-seven seconds was too much time for a future Hall of Famer such as Brees. “If we could have put some bets down right then, that whole room probably would have bet with Drew Brees. I ain’t going to lie to you.”

He's right. The blown call was big but, there's a lot of other things in that game that were on coaches and players. saints had a lead and let them came back in that game to steal it.

I find the Rams hard to hate. Not that I like them in any way. I just think McVay and Phillips are both pretty classy and extremely good. I don't see many of their players trash talking. They seem to go about their business and play some pretty good football. And as much as I wish I was different, I like Goff. Any QB who suffered the 1st 2 years of his career under Jeff Fischer and proclaimed a wasted top pick by the media, hang in and develop into a pretty good QB without running anyone down in the process is someone I respect.

Now all that said, "Let's kick their rears all the way to Alaska!!!

Amusingly, he was flagged for a personal foul on what I heard was a fairly ticky tack call in the Super Bowl (didn't watch it myself).

Kinda disagree. Robey-Coleman delivered a cheap shot penalty, knew he did, then bragg about it on facebook. I'd go out of my way to level him.

I find the Rams hard to hate. Not that I like them in any way. I just think McVay and Phillips are both pretty classy and extremely good. I don't see many of their players trash talking. They seem to go about their business and play some pretty good football. And as much as I wish I was different, I like Goff. Any QB who suffered the 1st 2 years of his career under Jeff Fischer and proclaimed a wasted top pick by the media, hang in and develop into a pretty good QB without running anyone down in the process is someone I respect.

Now all that said, "Let's kick their rears all the way to Alaska!!!
You haven't been around as long as me if you can't hate the rams. I have a lot of ram hate. From Merlin Olsen, Jack Youngblood, Jim Youngblood, Willie Ellison. Laurence McCutcheon, Flipper Anderson, Frank Corral, Mike Lansford, Greg Zurlein, Aaron Donald, Jim Everett, I've hated every stinking player from that stinking team when they were in LA. Not so much St. Louis though, I didn't really hate them when they were in St. Louis. But the LA rams I hate with a passion.

This + Justin Hardee not making the tackle on the fake punt (he had him about a yard short and whiffed) in Rams territory when we were up 13-0

As the Texan game showed, having Ted Ginn JR back will have an impact for the Saints. I think the Saints will have a strong game plan for Cook as well.

the #1 reason the Saints lost in the NFCCG was because the Saints offense stalled as it approached the red zone, esp in the first half and late in the game.

We score touchdowns instead of field goals, the Saints will win. I do wish we had Rankins back, but oh well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom