N/S Rams vs Bucs MNF (1 Viewer)

RaginSaint93

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I’m guessing we’re rooting for the Rams tonight? I refuse to root for them but I do think the Rams could win this though......

NFL brass would much rather see either of these teams in the SB than the Saints so I think the odds of us getting hosed by the refs in a playoff encounter against either of them is pretty high. I'm just not sure which team they'd screw us over worse against. LAR would be the instant assumption if Brady weren't on the Bucs so it really comes down to whether the NFL has a bigger boner for the L.A. market or the golden boy.

That established, I feel like the Saints will have to play the game of their lives if they face GB, TB, or LAR in the playoffs considering the likelihood of ref tampering. I'm most worried about GB since they're the only location where the Saints would also have to deal with brutal cold since L.A. and Tampa both probably have at least a 90% chance of being between 45-70 degrees in January.

We just really have to hope to get the 1 seed and only have to face one of those teams since it's extremely unlikely we'd be able to dodge all three over a two-game playoff stretch. I guess I think it helps us more if the Bucs lose but I still dread playing the team that the NFL already forked us over for since they'd gladly do it again plus they'll probably start fixing the outcome way early in the game too so they won't have to have the PR nightmare of making it so obvious on one critical play late in the game like in the 2018 NFC CG.

The Rams still kind of worry me a little bit. I see them beating the Bucs tonight, which is good because we need to win the division above all else.

The Rams still kind of worry me a little bit. I see them beating the Bucs tonight, which is good because we need to win the division above all else.
Rams are missing offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth. Not sure what other keys injuries they have.

And Bucs are missing guard Ali Marpet again. I'm thinking they'll try to run but won't be able to run up the middle and Aaron Donald should be able to get to Tommy. Won't score 38 and won't hold them to 3, but I think the Rams can do it.

You know McVay took the tape of the Saints beat down of the bucs and will try to use that exact blueprint tonight. They have the personnel to do it too. Pressure Brady up the middle with Donald, tight coverage in the secondary and short possession passes to Kupp and Woods on offense. I expect the Rams to win tonight

Idk. They looked really pedestrian vs the 49ers and the Dolphins. Of the 3 NFC West contenders, I would probably feel most confident playing the Rams tbh. And that's not to knock the Rams, they are a good team. But I just fear Russ and Kyler more than I fear Goff.

I hate the rams but winning the division always takes priority when it comes to my rooting interests. So I will root for the bucs to lose. Maybe a tie, too, would be nice.

I don’t think a tie changes anything significant in the division. The Saints would still essentially be two games ahead of the Bucs win or tie. All it would do is give the Saints the ability to count their own tie as a win if they get one.

Scenarios where the Saints lose 2 games and the Bucs win out after the Rams:
Saints: 12-4
Bucs:13-3 or 12-3-1

Bucs win the division either way. If the Bucs lose, the Saints will have a 3 game lead with 6 to play, which all but locks up the division.

I’m guessing we’re rooting for the Rams tonight? I refuse to root for them but I do think the Rams could win this though......

I hate the Rams, but for tonight it's Rams all the way!

#1) I don't want Tommy throwing even 1 TD pass;

#2) I want the Saints to have a 2 1/2 game lead over the Bucs for the NFC South with just 6 games left for the Saints to play; and

#3) I enjoy seeing Tommy getting beat. I just do - no apologies!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom