Randall Gay likes the Saints and want to be a Saint (1 Viewer)

If we give gay a 5yrs $20 million kinda contract, he will be expected to start.

So the front office is damned if they do, and damned if they dont,

We sign him and everone will complain that we fixed a gaping hole with a band aid and why didn't we go get sammuel, and if they dont sign him it will be more why haven't we signed anyone yet....

this bit is getting old...

we will not sign gay, unless we anticipate him starting next season.

Which is kinda the core problem. While the CB market seems bleak right now and I would be intensely skeptical of us being in a position to swing a trade for someone like Lito Shepperd or Marcus Trufant, signing Gay virtually guarantees we won't have the flexibility to do something like that.

We can band-aid with Gay or risk swinging for the fences for someone else. The latter option seems highly unlikely but no one will be satisfied with the former option. It's a bit of a catch-22.

Gay would be an immediate M2M upgrade over Jason David. Not only would he come in and start, but he would make a huge impact on our defense. Have any of you even WATCHED Randall Gay play this year? He made tons of plays for that team. There's a reason Bellicheck doesn't overpay for FA. Because he's always got another great player waiting to start. There's a reason the Patriots are making more of a run at Gay over Asante. If I had to bet money on a player, I'd put it on the player that Bellichek wants 100% of the time.

Gay would be an immediate M2M upgrade over Jason David. Not only would he come in and start, but he would make a huge impact on our defense. Have any of you even WATCHED Randall Gay play this year? He made tons of plays for that team. There's a reason Bellicheck doesn't overpay for FA. Because he's always got another great player waiting to start. There's a reason the Patriots are making more of a run at Gay over Asante. If I had to bet money on a player, I'd put it on the player that Bellichek wants 100% of the time.

Randall Gay is so good that he has 85 tackles in 4 years. :9:

Come on guys, do we really need ANOTHER nickle back? If he comes at a hometown discount, sure why not. Otherwise, don't sweat it.

SWJJ said:
If we give gay a 5yrs $20 million kinda contract, he will be expected to start.

So the front office is damned if they do, and damned if they dont,

We sign him and everone will complain that we fixed a gaping hole with a band aid and why didn't we go get sammuel, and if they dont sign him it will be more why haven't we signed anyone yet....

this bit is getting old...

we will not sign gay, unless we anticipate him starting next season.

Which is kinda the core problem. While the CB market seems bleak right now and I would be intensely skeptical of us being in a position to swing a trade for someone like Lito Shepperd or Marcus Trufant, signing Gay virtually guarantees we won't have the flexibility to do something like that.

We can band-aid with Gay or risk swinging for the fences for someone else. The latter option seems highly unlikely but no one will be satisfied with the former option. It's a bit of a catch-22.

That really kind of sums it up now that the deal is done.

ask yourself this. would if the saints are going to draft for front 7? would if we got dorsey and then a safety/LB in the 2nd? Would you care that you have gay, young, daivd, and mckenzie? Guys we all agreed pass rush makes the secondary better.

Ummm. Didn't Ismael just say this on NFL live?

Yeah, but Qadry did actually play here... if I recall he signed and dressed out sometimes but didn't really play.. then the next season he went to the Ravens and had 1000+ yards... if I recall correctly...

Come on guys, do we really need ANOTHER nickle back? If he comes at a hometown discount, sure why not. Otherwise, don't sweat it.

I'm not gonna sit here and say that Gay is the end all, be all player at CB that we need...but seriously, we're not looking for a CB to rack up incredible tackling stats. We want a guy who isn't toasted over the top once a game.

Very true. Randell is a good press corner. WAY BETTER than Jason David. The reason why he hasnt gotten a chance to shine, is because he'd been hurt the last 2 years, look it up. As far as as him not getting tackles, again, he'd been injured the last 2 years. Watch tape on the guy, he D's people up, makes plays, and most importanlty, plays calm and under control.

The guy's also only 25 years old. Look at his stats, the kid reminds me of Rich Marshall from the Panthers. The kid was a nickel back good enough to start. Believe it or not, we might have the makings of an Al Harris type player on our hands. For the longest time, Harris was thought to be just a nickel guy, look what happened to him. Dont compare him to Jason David, David is a cover 2 corner. Randell's a press corner, who can alos play zone. That's a huge difference. Just because he's not a house hold name doesnt mean he cant play ball. I honsetly think we got ourselves one heck of a player. This, with the signing of Vilma and Mccray, just made our D way better. I love it!

Number of tackles is not a major statistic when it comes to determining the worth of a CB. It comes into play certainly, but all a high tackle total would tell me is that he lets his man catch the ball far too often.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom