Randall Gay to visit Saints.. [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

We were out of it last night. I have serious doubts Samuel ever really wanted to come here. I think the "close to a final deal" rumor was put out by his agent.

Yep, I get the feeling it was concocted completely by Samuel's agent. Using a "supposed" done deal rumor to push his price even further up. What was the Saints FO supposed to do? Refute the rumors? All that would do was make Samuel look bad and ruin any chance they might have had at landing him. I think the Eagles fell for it hook, line, and sinker. In a way I'm glad - the FO didn't tamper and they avoided paying a huge frontloaded contract to guy who might not do much away from the stellar Defense he's been in......

I would like this signing IF we went after Rogers/Dorsey/Ellis, or Briggs. I'm OK with one of the CB/DT/WLB spot being manned by an average guy, but I'm hoping not for two.

At least were looking at people that won't cost us draft picks to get.

Like this ONLY if we upgrade the other LB with Briggs, or early in the draft, get a pass-rushing DE like Laboy, and get a space-eater at DT. We do all that, then good move. If not, bad move.

We already have two space-eaters at DT in Hollis Thomas and Clancy. What we need is a play maker at the 3 technique.

As for Gay, he has a lot of experience in New England and he probably would come for a decent price. He's also probably a guy who would want to come since he is from LA. At worst he would be a good dime CB and he would be a decent starter. Assuming MM is back from his injury, a CB group of MM, Young, Gay, rookie and David would look a lot better than last year. Not good, but not awful at least. Still, I would like to see more upgrades at the position. But, if we can get a pass rushing DE and a LB that can blitz, it would really help out our suspect DB's.

Exactly......were are trying to aquire solid corners to team with a strong front 7....I think guys on here want ever FA addition to be pro bowl quality and it just doesnt work like that, you gotta have worker bee's they cant all be queen b's (sorry, thats the best analogy I could come up with at this time)

Gotcha Meily. Thanks. I was going to use the one about "the QB can't throw from his back (except Jamarcus Russel anyway), but I think that one has been done already!!!

:)

He had cartoonish numbers at his LSU pro day if I remember correctly.

You remember correctly. He ran in the 4.2's, I think it was a 4.27. The guy can flat out burn but he is undersized. I would love to have him but he certainly isn't the cure to our problems in the secondary.

You have started so many redundant threads. Please look and see whats posted before starting a new topic.

Shockey might not come if we have any Gays on our team though. ;)

WHAT!?!?! Such an uninsightful post, you do realize that depth is critical in the nfl? you strike me as the kind of person who only follows the big name players and knows zero about the others. we can't sign all big name players you know. and i would rather have a guy like gay than over pay for samuel and not be able to sign one of our guys when the time comes

Bigwebb, you strike me as the kind of person who lacks the insight to recognize a defense full of backups and no starters. How did your philosophy work last season? Any competent front office could fit in some starters' salaries with the backups. Raise your expectations.

I would have been excited to have Samuel. That being said, I think the Saints are doing this thing the right way. One big contract like Samuel's can screw you for years to come. Too big of a risk. Plus, there's still a long way to go in free agency and the draft. Let's wait until it all unfolds before we make any declarations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom