Randall Gay to visit Saints.. [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Looks like same old Sean Payton ignoring the defense by trying to land backups. A second for Shockey? This is looking very bad so far.

WHAT!?!?! Such an uninsightful post, you do realize that depth is critical in the nfl? you strike me as the kind of person who only follows the big name players and knows zero about the others. we can't sign all big name players you know. and i would rather have a guy like gay than over pay for samuel and not be able to sign one of our guys when the time comes

This smells of the Saints waiving the white flag with regards to Samuel. Evidently we are out of (or were never in) the Samuel sweepstakes.

Looks like same old Sean Payton ignoring the defense by trying to land backups. A second for Shockey? This is looking very bad so far.

Oh, come on! We just made a trade for Vilma, and you think this is looking bad so far. Give me a break.

There aren't many good CB's out there... he could provide some nice depth at the very least... we have many holes to fill. Who's to say we won't pick a CB in the 1st round?

I don't mind the Shockey move, if it's true. He will be a beast in our offense. I just hope it's a 2nd rounder next year and not this year.

He had cartoonish numbers at his LSU pro day if I remember correctly.

This smells of the Saints waiving the white flag with regards to Samuel. Evidently we are out of (or were never in) the Samuel sweepstakes.

We were out of it last night. I have serious doubts Samuel ever really wanted to come here. I think the "close to a final deal" rumor was put out by his agent.

I'd be fine with Gay starting as long as we make a few more moves to improve the front-7. If we add a LB like Briggs, a solid DT and pass-rushing DE for the rotation, we can get away with having average CB's. Look at our defense in 2000.

Don't need great corners if you have a GREAT front seven.

Hoping MM comes back and they can sign a good corner and develop Young.

Exactly......were are trying to aquire solid corners to team with a strong front 7....I think guys on here want ever FA addition to be pro bowl quality and it just doesnt work like that, you gotta have worker bee's they cant all be queen b's (sorry, thats the best analogy I could come up with at this time)

I don't like either much, but I think we will know better about the depth of the position until after the draft. I think I would try to get one if there contract is at nickle or dime value. Chances are improving that one of our first two picks may be a cornerback.

Sorry guys. Not drinking the Kool Aid this free agent period. Not from what I have seen so far. Hope the gamble on Vilma pays off the way Brees did. However, Brees is beginning to look like the exception rather than the rule in FA decisions.

Like this ONLY if we upgrade the other LB with Briggs, or early in the draft, get a pass-rushing DE like Laboy, and get a space-eater at DT. We do all that, then good move. If not, bad move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom