Randall Gay will be on Siruis "Late hits"... (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the notice. They just mentioned he'll be on during hour two.

Recap...

- Talked about playing for the Pats...

- Is not over the SB loss, till he plays football again.

- Will play Nickel, SAFETY or any spot they need him for.

- Saints were #1 on his list, to come and play for...all the way.

- Is REAL excited about the Vilma addition. He is a PLAY-MAKER, according to Gay.

-Says Payton knows how to win, and set the tune for the team to make them winners.

-His style of play= can adjust to what the coaches want him to play. Whatever coverage it is.

-Don't think there is much difference to the AFC/NFC...they are all equal football players.

- Will adjust to the NFC South receivers, and get his technique ready for those guys.

- He has to get use to the Saints DB's, since he is new to the team.

-Will have to adjust to having his family coming to the games.

- He's happy to be HOME, and to play in front of his home crowd.

- Thinks the Saints are huge for NOLA, and makes the community come together. Talks about re-building NOLA and how some parts are still damaged. He wants to help and rebuild as well.

The radio guys, think Gay can play. They think he can be coached to play any coverage, position or what-not...will do ANYTHING to help the team out. Gay did a GREAT job in covering Owens in the SB. They like the signing for our team.

Yes, Gay started in the Super Bowl vs. the Eagles that Owen played in.

Didn't TO have a good game in that SB + he was hurt?
Yeah, I was going to mention that but didn't think it would help the thread's psyche :no:

But I don't remember how much damage was done against Gay. TO played lights out that game, too - hard to cover a WR that good when they get into the zone. Best bet is to just try and contain them as much as possible.

I just think it's great that we were his first choice. I heard him on ESPN radio with John Clayton the day he signed and he knew almost no details about his contract or how the team intended to use him. He was just excited to be a Saint.

- Will play Nickel, SAFETY or any spot they need him for.

Interesting... i didnt know ole randall "Blue" Gay could play safety

Good, maybe he can beat out Bullocks for safety position then. A backfield of Harper, Gay, MM, and DRC might be kinda fun to watch for once.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom