Random 2020 Prospects that I like. (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
I've made a few other positional draft threads in relation to the 2020 draft so I didn't want to create a new one. There are a few Random prospects that caught my Eye whom I would

Like to mention here as well as develop a value board by round in the op:

Cole Comet ND TE will likely go in rd2.

Tommy Stevens QB MIss st

I walked away from the Shrine game more impressed with Stevens' athleticism than with Jordan Love's at the Senior Bowl.

Luq Barcoo

25 pdfs 9 ints in 2019

Kobe Wiliams cb

Probably the stickiest coverman in any all-star game that I watched this year

Played outstanding in the NFLPA bowl

Parnell Motley

Best cb at the Shrine game. Extremely stickey and great change of direction.

6'4 Cornerback Will Sunderland stood out on a couple of plays at the NFLPA.

He played S at Oklahoma and might be a real talent at FS in the pros.

Two kick returners and special teams guys. Speed demons.

Adrian Killins is the fastest player in the draft and had 7 catches for 91 yards at the Shrine game.

Raymond Callais RB

Almost as fast as Killins. He took a kick return to the house for a TD in the Collegiate bowl.

I like Tyre Phillips from Mississippi State. 6' 5'' 342 Got invite to Senior Bowl. Played LG. The only offensive lineman that could stop Javon Kinlaw.

1582141326580.png

Another player than can play RG/LG. John "Nasty" Simpson

I am very curious about WR Brandon AIyuk from Arizona State.

Here is snippet from an SI mock draft:

Assuming that Drew Brees is under center for at least one more season, adding another playmaker opposite Michael Thomas makes sense. Coming off a breakout senior season, Aiyuk has the speed and open-field vision to rack up yards after the catch in bunches. The former Sun Devil has an 81" wingspan, which is equivalent to someone 6' 9".

Article

Seems to me this is what the doctor ordered... a 6'1" speed receiver with a 6'9" catching radius....

Aiyuk's wingspan is crazy for his height, plus it translates to the field when you watch his tape. He is much more refined prospect than fellow Arizona St. teammate N'Keal Harry was coming out a year ago; who was quite frankly a reach taken too high by New England; Aiyuk on the other hand should be worth a late 1st round grade, and early 2nd at the least.

Stenberg definitely plays with a mean streak, and I love his physicality but I do have concerns about him moving in space, he's stiff at the hips with not a lot of bend which is a concern considering he already plays too upright with his pad level.

Regardless if he's there in the 4th round and IOL hasn't been addressed he's probably worth a look. Some Interior OL I'm liking from this class: Netane Muti, Cesar Ruiz, Robert Hunt, Jonah Jackson, Shane Lemieux.

Last edited:

Assuming that Drew Brees is under center for at least one more season, adding another playmaker opposite Michael Thomas makes sense. Coming off a breakout senior season, Aiyuk has the speed and open-field vision to rack up yards after the catch in bunches. The former Sun Devil has an 81" wingspan, which is equivalent to someone 6' 9".

Article

Seems to me this is what the doctor ordered... a 6'1" speed receiver with a 6'9" catching radius....

Aiyuk's wingspan is crazy for his height, plus it translates to the field when you watch his tape. He is much more refined prospect than fellow Arizona St. teammate N'Keal Harry was coming out a year ago; who was quite frankly a reach taken too high by New England; Aiyuk on the other hand should be worth a late 1st round grade, and early 2nd at the least.

Stenberg definitely plays with a mean streak, and I love his physicality but I do have concerns about him moving in space, he's stiff at the hips with not a lot of bend which is a concern considering he already plays too upright with his pad level.

Regardless if he's there in the 4th round and IOL hasn't been addressed he's probably worth a look. Some Interior OL I'm liking from this class: Netane Muti, Cesar Ruiz, Robert Hunt, Jonah Jackson, Shane Lemieux.

I like Aiyuk a lot. He's up there right behind Shenault for me as a YAC WR. I've seen his height listed as low as 5'11" or this is saying 6'1", either way his physical attributes are very positive when applied to the comparisons of successful WRs that I posted in my thread. His relative body size is 2.83, hand size is 10" and speed is project 4.5 or less. Those are all above average attributes. Combine that with his tape and other ability that will make a good if not better WR in the NFL and he is someone that I would love to see in the Black and Gold.

Thank you NOFALCONS10.
TE Cole Comet is to me the most impressive here. Sets a very nice target, looking like he is about maybe 6'7". Seems to have very good speed for such a big guy. But it is his athleticism, his fluidity that further puts it all into view.
I hope he is there with our third round pick.

What rounds are the guards projected to go in?

Article

I have seen Brandon Aiyuk tabbed as our pick at #24 in a couple of Mock Drafts.
I am torn between our need for a compliment to Michael Thomas. But is WR our number one priority, or is a nasty OL like Kentucky's Logan Steinberg, or Mississippi State's Tyre Phillips ? Or is our #1 priority a CB ?
My opinion is the way the talk is that we are going to let Andrus Peat walk so our first round pick at #24 should be a nasty Offensive Lineman. The meaner the better. LOL

What rounds are the guards projected to go in?
Going to go off The Draft Networks prospect rankings, and kind of what I've been able to take away from the few prospects I've studied.

I think there are only 2 Interior Linemen that might be worth a Late 1st round grade. This is an "okay" Interior class but it's not amazing at the top, and lacks that true "Elite" prospect at the top. Unless you want to count Tristan Wirfs as a Guard at the next level (which apparently alot of teams view him as INterior) but Wirfs *will in all likelihood* not be available when the Saints pick at 24.

My 1st round Interior OL:
Cesar Ruiz, Michigan - 31 game starter at Michigan, played at both Center, and Right Guard. Has a blend of size, power, and mobility. Works very effectively laterally and in space for a man his size 6'4, 319 lbs. Fairly sound technique wise, projects as an early NFL starter if you had to nitpick his weaknesses he will need to work on some timings with passing off stunts with teammates, and could possibly shed a little weight. (TDN has him ranked as the #38th overall player #1 interior)

Netane Muti, Fresno State - "Monster" that's all I had to say after watching a little bit of his tape, this guy is a beast who just bull dozes Defenders up and down the field. I watched one of his snaps where he straight up bull-dozed a 3-tech 5 yards out of the gap sealing him off, then quickly made it to a Linebacker at the second level and just leveled him to the ground, and then went and found a poor Cornerback to demolish as well. Took out 3 Defenders on the same play; he's also quick and fluid in pass protection. There are some people in the scouting community that think he could be the next Quenton Nelson. The one major Red flag is injury concerns, had had two season ending injuries so his Medical checks at the combine will be huge. (TDN ranks #99th overall player #7 Interior because of the injury history)

My 2nd round IOL:
Matt Hennessy, Temple - High IQ, technician. Has good hands, good initial punch, good balance understands body control, plays with sound pad level, very good in his pass sets. His biggest knock was level of competition, but he grades very well on film. Overall a solid technician prospect, not a mauler, or man mover but wins with sound technique. (TDN ranks 63 overall, 3rd IOL)

Robert Hunt, Louisiana Lafayette - 6'5, 322 three year starter. Thick, filled out frame with a road grader mentality. Consistently opened up rushing lanes at the point of attack, quick initially punch with his hands to steer and redirect, nasty finisher. His biggest weakness is his feet get a bit sloppy in vertical pass sets opening the gate for speed rushers, which can be hidden by playing Guard at the next level. Proved he belongs against top competition with his film against Alabama. (TDN ranks #74 overall, 5th IOL)

Lloyd Cushenberry III, LSU - Reliable 15 game starter for a National Championship team. Has strength in spades, long arms and very difficult to bull-rush. Usually first to frame in the run game very adept setting up base blocks in the run game, while also displaying sound technique in pass sets. Limitations will be limited quickness , and range in space. Sometimes loses against rushers with longer reach, length. Still projects as a fundamentally sound potential Starter on your Interior. (TDN ranks #39 overall, 2nd IOL)

Other guys that I like that could go later 2nd - 4th:
Ben Bredeson - Michigan
Jonah Jackson - Ohio St.
Tyler Biadasz - Wisconsin
Shane Lemieux - Oregon
Logan Stenberg - Kentucky
Solomon Kindley - Georgia
Damien Lewis - LSU

So overall it's not a top heavy draft for Interior and the only guys I would take at 24.. would be Muti (if you feel confident he's healthy going forward) or Cesar Ruiz if you love his versatility, and overall soundness.

I think Round 3, 4 are where you can find your Interior guy this year with hopefully a guy like Jonah Jackson, one of the Oregon guards Lemieux, or Throckmorton, Bredeson, or even Robert Hunt hanging out there. Finger crossed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom