Random 2020 Prospects that I like. (1 Viewer)

I like Tyre Phillips from Mississippi State. 6' 5'' 342 Got invite to Senior Bowl. Played LG. The only offensive lineman that could stop Javon Kinlaw.

1582141326580.png
I'll have to skim through the senior bowl again but the Shrine game definitely seemed to out-perform the Senior Bowl players at Oline this year.

One last Olineman that I forgot to mention was Daryl Williams of Mississippi St.

He was right there in the middle destroying people with Runyan and Owenu.

Here is a write up from Daniel Jeremiah:

D.J.'S DAY 3 WINNERS NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah is here this week, prepping for Saturday's broadcast of the game. He'll be highlighting standout players in this notebook each day of practice. Here are his Day 3 winners:
�� Mississippi State OL Darryl Williams: "In terms of the offensive linemen, Williams had the best day. On Tuesday, nobody could block Arkansas DT McTelvin Agim, but Williams did a really good job against him on three or four occasions. Real stout, strong player."

I am very curious about WR Brandon AIyuk from Arizona State.

Here is snippet from an SI mock draft:

Assuming that Drew Brees is under center for at least one more season, adding another playmaker opposite Michael Thomas makes sense. Coming off a breakout senior season, Aiyuk has the speed and open-field vision to rack up yards after the catch in bunches. The former Sun Devil has an 81" wingspan, which is equivalent to someone 6' 9".

Article

Seems to me this is what the doctor ordered... a 6'1" speed receiver with a 6'9" catching radius....

Im much more impressed by Bryan Edwards than Aiyuk.

He seems much more fluid and sudden in his breaks and adjusts to the ball better

Personally I consider Edwards to be a better prospect than Debo Samuel.

I've made a few other positional draft threads in relation to the 2020 draft so I didn't want to create a new one. There are a few Random prospects that caught my Eye whom I would

Like to mention here as well as develop a value board by round in the op:

Cole Comet ND TE will likely go in rd2.

Tommy Stevens QB MIss st

I walked away from the Shrine game more impressed with Stevens' athleticism than with Jordan Love's at the Senior Bowl.

Luq Barcoo

25 pdfs 9 ints in 2019

Kobe Wiliams cb

Probably the stickiest coverman in any all-star game that I watched this year

Played outstanding in the NFLPA bowl

Parnell Motley

Best cb at the Shrine game. Extremely stickey and great change of direction.

6'4 Cornerback Will Sunderland stood out on a couple of plays at the NFLPA.

He played S at Oklahoma and might be a real talent at FS in the pros.

Always interested to hear your thoughts on draft prospects, thanks for taking the time to share.

I had two other Olinemen scribbled down from my shrine game notes

Matt Womack and Yasir Durant played very solidly.

Durant has some starting potential at LT ala Jermon Bushrod.

I just wanna give a shout out to @NOFALCONS10 for his pre-draft analysis of players, both known and unknown, every year. I may disagree with you on some Saints related things, but the prospects you unearth every year at this time make me a much more informed fan when the draft comes around.

I just wanna give a shout out to @NOFALCONS10 for his pre-draft analysis of players, both known and unknown, every year. I may disagree with you on some Saints related things, but the prospects you unearth every year at this time make me a much more informed fan when the draft comes around.
Thanks for the Kind words folks.

Much appreciated

My YAC rankings for wrs goes as follows:

Lamb
Shenault
Edwards
Aiyuk
I'm fascinated with Shenault. I'd love to see him in black and gold. Sounds like he's going to go top 15 if the combine goes well for him from what I've read though. Or even if he doesn't grade out well at the combine really just based on what he's put on film. Is that accurate?

I'm fascinated with Shenault. I'd love to see him in black and gold. Sounds like he's going to go top 15 if the combine goes well for him from what I've read though. Or even if he doesn't grade out well at the combine really just based on what he's put on film. Is that accurate?
Yes.

In my personal opinion he might go top 10 if he posts a 4.35 or better and might even go higher than Lamb before it's all said and done.

At 6'3 220 with a 4.35 40 and return and RB ability he might be even more valuable than Jerry Jeudy.

He is the most versatile wr in the draft bar none. Possibly the most talented all-purpose as well.

He would look great oppposite Micheal Thomas.

All-star Game Qbs that caught my Eye:

Justin Herbert
Anthony Gordon
Tommy Stevens
Brian Lewerke
Mason Fine
James Morgan
Tyler Huntley

*Jalen Hurts made some nice completions but was mostly running for his life in the Senior Bowl due to poor OT play.

Last edited:

Yes.

In my personal opinion he might go top 10 if he posts a 4.35 or better and might even go higher than Lamb before it's all said and done.

At 6'3 220 with a 4.35 40 and return and RB ability he might be even more valuable than Jerry Jeudy.

He is the most versatile wr in the draft bar none. Possibly the most talented all-purpose as well.

He would look great oppposite Micheal Thomas.

When I plugged the physical attributes of our current WRs utilizing that article where the author was trying to determine WR success, I discovered that Hogan has all of the physical attributes needed to be a successful WR. In fact, he is our most athletic WR.

Comparing him to other WR and even some in the draft, he physically compares to Sutton, MT and Michael Robinson. In this draft and looking at how he was used at Marion, he compares very favorably with attributes and skillset to Shenault. The difference will be the 40 time, but outside of that, they are going to end up being very similar.

I think SP knows what he has in him and that's why he got him into games so quickly. I believe his role will expand.

With that said, Shenault would be an absolute stud in this version of SP's offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom