Random Question - How tall is Drew Brees? (1 Viewer)

I've stood next to him. I'm 5'11 (unless every doctor I've visited since I was 15 is engaged in a conspiracy to lie to me about my height). He's a tiny bit shorter than me, so I'd say 5'10 when he's not in cleats and a helmet.

They don’t measure you in cleats at the combine. How did they get 6’0” 1/4?

Right

In most sports, especially football they will usually add an inch or maybe even two too your height.

Especially back when Drew was coming out and how rare it was to have a shorter QB succeed in this league.

Not at the combine. Does anyone on this thread follow the draft process?

I see on wikipedia he is listed at 6'0".
My brother and sister in law met him once in person (they said) and they said he was short. "just a little guy".

Of course this is all subjective and height doesn't matter because he's awesome. But just wondering from anyone's personal accounts if they feel he's really 6'0 or maybe closer to a 5'-9" / 5'-10".
In the end, it doesn't matter, just curious from any Saints fans who met him.
I love me some drew but the dude is not six foot. You can also shrink with age. I lost an inch after 20 years in the Marine Corps

I see on wikipedia he is listed at 6'0".
My brother and sister in law met him once in person (they said) and they said he was short. "just a little guy".

Of course this is all subjective and height doesn't matter because he's awesome. But just wondering from anyone's personal accounts if they feel he's really 6'0 or maybe closer to a 5'-9" / 5'-10".
In the end, it doesn't matter, just curious from any Saints fans who met him.

5 ft 11in. But on the field... 10 ft tall.

Guys he was measured at the combine in bare feet. There was an article written about it. The first time they got 5’ 11” and 3/4. So he made them measure again and they got 6’ 0”.

So in that range right there.

Guys he was measured at the combine in bare feet. There was an article written about it. The first time they got 5’ 11” and 3/4. So he made them measure again and they got 6’ 0”.

So in that range right there.

When did they get 6’0” 1/4 that’s listed in his combine results?

How tall do you think chase Daniel is? He measured 6’0” and Drew is a little taller. Are the scouts lying on all combine measurements?

I’m 5-10 even as measured by the military. I have a picture with Drew and he’s a couple inches taller.

Beats me, but I also work for a college basketball program and I can promise you the heights they list for some of these guys are not their real heights. The shorter guys absolutely get their heights padded. I've seen a couple of deep bench guys up close who were listed at 5'10 or 5'11 who, even if I'm being kind, would be no taller than 5'8-9. I also met John Carney once, who was listed at 5'11, and was a couple inches shorter than me in real life. But hey if Brees is 6'0, then that means I'm 6'1, so maybe I should look at it that way. :)

Not that it really should matter in the end, though. If you can play, you can play.

They don’t measure you in cleats at the combine. How did they get 6’0” 1/4?

Last edited:
A lot of great stars and players are shorter and smaller than advertised. Vilma and Reggie are a lot shorter. Reggie looked 5-10 185, Vilma and Drew looked maybe 5-11. They will always be giants to me, so I don't care if they're 5-5.

Inflating heights and weight is a silly game. Fans and opposing coaches aren't stupid. I wish the NFL would officially weigh and measure every player annually in camp and the team had to list it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom