Random Question - How tall is Drew Brees? (1 Viewer)

I stood beside him on the sideline and I am 5 11 1/2 and he was taller, but he had cleats on which is worth a tad.

Proof... unless he’s cheating and on his toes121331
That's a great pic. Maybe the tilt of the head got him an extra 1/4" to get him to 6'. Also, in addition to shrinking with age, people shrink over the course of the day, and some people shrink more during a day than others. I was amazed with an ex-girlfriend that would shrink over 1 inch during the course of a day. In the morning, she was about 5'9", and would shrink to under 5'8" by the end of the day. I always thought people would shrink 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch, like me, but she must've had an extremely elastic back. Maybe Drew does as well, and those of you making comparisons based on your heights are also shrinking at different amounts, so it isn't a perfect barometer.

Beats me, but I also work for a college basketball program and I can promise you the heights they list for some of these guys are not their real heights. The shorter guys absolutely get their heights padded. I've seen a couple of deep bench guys up close who were listed at 5'10 or 5'11 who, even if I'm being kind, would be no taller than 5'8-9. I also met John Carney once, who was listed at 5'11, and was a couple inches shorter than me in real life. But hey if Brees is 6'0, then that means I'm 6'1, so maybe I should look at it that way. :)

Not that it really should matter in the end, though. If you can play, you can play.

But you're talking about the colleges. I have no doubt Purdue probably listed Drew as 6'1 or 6'2. I'm not talking about a college team. I'm talking about the NFL Scouting Combine. They don't fudge numbers.

That's a great pic. Maybe the tilt of the head got him an extra 1/4" to get him to 6'. Also, in addition to shrinking with age, people shrink over the course of the day, and some people shrink more during a day than others. I was amazed with an ex-girlfriend that would shrink over 1 inch during the course of a day. In the morning, she was about 5'9", and would shrink to under 5'8" by the end of the day. I always thought people would shrink 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch, like me, but she must've had an extremely elastic back. Maybe Drew does as well, and those of you making comparisons based on your heights are also shrinking at different amounts, so it isn't a perfect barometer.

Seriously? They didn't measure him with the tilted head. He's looking up after they marked it.

A lot of great stars and players are shorter and smaller than advertised. Vilma and Reggie are a lot shorter. Reggie looked 5-10 185, Vilma and Drew looked maybe 5-11. They will always be giants to me, so I don't care if they're 5-5.

Inflating heights and weight is a silly game. Fans and opposing coaches aren't stupid. I wish the NFL would officially weigh and measure every player annually in camp and the team had to list it.

You think they inflate numbers at the scouting combine?

I haven't met Drew but I've met other former players and I can say that listed heights and weights whether from the combine or wherever must be fudged at times. I have no idea how or why but I've met players that were larger in person and some that were smaller that there listed size.

Willie Roaf is one that stands out to me. He was probably 6'5, 320 in junior high.

Absolutely I do

Every year I do a scouting report on 200 college athletes.

So yeah I would say I follow the draft process

And you think they fudge numbers at the NFL Scouting Combine?

When I met drew I was surprised at how tall he was. I’ve always heard he was short, I expected 5’9 or so he was a solid 6’0

My brother is 6’. He stood next to Drew and drew was taller than him

Both in street clothes. I'm 5'8". He's 6' for sure. You taller guys that him and looking down must be deceiving. No way he's 5'10".

What a great picture! Lucky you! ??

I've stood next to Brees and being as I am now a shade under 5'11 in bare feet, he was definitely an inch or so taller than I am. I would say that he is a shade over 6 feet tall. Any of that 5'10 - 5'11 stuff is hogwash.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom