Random Rants (2 Viewers)

The do not call list only works for people who you have never had any contact with at all. However, as was explained to me any company you do business with, and any company that they own a part of can legitimately call you under their rules. So, if your cell phone exists on about ten major companies just about anyone can legally call you. As far as robospam calls I’m all in favor of the death penalty also.

Driving in the left hand lane going 1mph faster than the guy in driver in the right hand lane. Truckers do this more often than I can count.

Riding my arse in the left hand lane when it is clear there is a trucker ahead of me who is going 1mph faster than the driver in the right hand lane.
And this...

Also, people in front of me who enter the interstate like they're driving into a school zone. That's what the on ramp is intended for, to get up to speed and MERGE into traffic that is moving at 75+mph.

When you're at a traffic light and the person in front of you leaves enough space to park an aircraft carrier between them and the person in front of them. Then they have the audacity to flip ME off when I tap the horn at them.

@rajncajn

I won’t even like that comment on principle and out of respect. Nor will I crack a joke as I watched Harvey take all from many of those I love.

@Devildog

Lol.

Road rage stuff has always intrigued me. I never engage. I was sitting at a red light after work, had pulled up too far.....slightly over the cross walk.....woman starts walking across and screaming at me, literally screaming....obscenities and all and that I was a terrible human being for having a tire on the crosswalk.

She was even more mad when I smiled and said I hope your day gets better. It was such a scene that several soccer moms that had just picked up their kids rolled down their windows and asked what the heck was wrong with her lol. I legit felt bad for her as was quite clear she wasn’t all there.

The do not call list only works for people who you have never had any contact with at all. However, as was explained to me any company you do business with, and any company that they own a part of can legitimately call you under their rules. So, if your cell phone exists on about ten major companies just about anyone can legally call you. As far as robospam calls I’m all in favor of the death penalty also.
One of the more frustrating things I've had to deal with regarding my mobile service was my recent change within the AT&T network. For years I had a number that NEVER had even one robocall made to it. However I was being charged through the wazoo for that line. With all the competition these days for your mobile business I saw a new plan from AT&T that was literally 1/4 of what I was paying formerly. Of course I wanted my same phone number with the new service. I was told that this was "impossible" if I wanted the new plan. (Of course I knew this was a lie since it was the same network and I was the same customer.) I mentioned about the law that was enacted about being able to keep your previous number, and the agent literally laughed.

I weighed the cost versus the hassle of updating all my friends and business contacts of the change, and I decided to take the lower cost plan. Before I left the parking lot of the store, I got a robocall. Little did I know that this was the reason they couldn't GIVE this phone number away. Thus began my hatred of everything mobile... and AT&T especially. Obviously if I had known what was to come with these annoying calls, I would have run screaming out of that store.

One of the more frustrating things I've had to deal with regarding my mobile service was my recent change within the AT&T network. For years I had a number that NEVER had even one robocall made to it. However I was being charged through the wazoo for that line. With all the competition these days for your mobile business I saw a new plan from AT&T that was literally 1/4 of what I was paying formerly. Of course I wanted my same phone number with the new service. I was told that this was "impossible" if I wanted the new plan. (Of course I knew this was a lie since it was the same network and I was the same customer.) I mentioned about the law that was enacted about being able to keep your previous number, and the agent literally laughed.

I weighed the cost versus the hassle of updating all my friends and business contacts of the change, and I decided to take the lower cost plan. Before I left the parking lot of the store, I got a robocall. Little did I know that this was the reason they couldn't GIVE this phone number away. Thus began my hatred of everything mobile... and AT&T especially. Obviously if I had known what was to come with these annoying calls, I would have run screaming out of that store.
Should have walked back in the store, handed them the phone & said "here, it's for you."

is it just a "louisiana" thing where drivers that are about to drive over a bridge/overpass SLOW to a crawl fearful that the have no idea what the other side of the bridge/overpass holds for them????????

I cant take it.

is it just a "louisiana" thing where drivers that are about to drive over a bridge/overpass SLOW to a crawl fearful that the have no idea what the other side of the bridge/overpass holds for them????????

I cant take it.
"Louisiana thing" may seem unfair to some because at times it's not without good reason for pause in those situations.

I recently came over a high bridge with a sharp peak and upon reaching the top saw vehicles slamming their brakes due to a multi car accident that started because a mattress became untied from the roof of an old Chevy. That Chevy and it's driver being out in front came out unscathed ahead of the pile-up, but 6 of the drivers trying to dodge the flying mattress didn't fair as well.

I'm just glad that I was paying close attention and immediately got on my brakes at the crest of that bridge to help those behind me to stop and keep from creaming me as well.

I'm not sure if 'mattress man' ever recovered from the beating he surely must have received. But either way, it would be hard to feel sorry for whatever actually happened to him.

I cant take it.

Police are on the other side. If someone slows down like that in front of you, thank them. They've seen people getting tickets in a speed trap for going 75 in a 70.

Also thank them, because like Bill said... My mother went over a hill once and traffic was full stop on the other side. She smashed them.

When you're at a traffic light and the person in front of you leaves enough space to park an aircraft carrier between them and the person in front of them. Then they have the audacity to flip ME off when I tap the horn at them.

I'll add, then every so slowly start creeping forward like they're in a semi trying to not break momentum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom