Random thoughts of 25-35 year old people (1 Viewer)

- Was learning cursive really necessary?

- Every bar bathroom should have a cupholder.

- I hate when I think of something really great to say during a conversation but by the time I get a chance to speak, we're on a different topic. Do I let it pass and keep the good thought to myself, or do I awkwardly bring up the old topic again?

- I love how hotels use the word "complimentary" to imply they're providing something free of charge. I just shelled out 200 bucks to stay here for the night, but nice try pretending this complimentary breakfast didn't cost me a dime.

- I learned that women have a hormone that makes them forget the pain of childbirth so that they continue to reproduce. Do we also have a hormone that makes us forget about the pain of a hangover? Because I keep drinking and waking up surprised.

Good ones!!!

That was GREAT. I laughed out loud on several of them. Pretty good bro, thanks.

BTW, it is my firm belief that the biggest problem in this society is that we should have never taken away naptime, FROM ANYONE. Can you imagine naptime from kindergarten all of the way the college and in corporate America? That'd be the single greatest thing ever.

i really miss nap time. i always ask people if it's nap time yet and no one answers me:aargh:

The majority of these were originally posted on ruminations.com, a website started by comedian Aaron Karo. That site is money.

- Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in'
examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot.
Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)..ummm...Goonies"

Best one, laughed til I had tears in my eyes

Your boyfriend finally proposed, awesome, but please stop acting as if you are so surprised. If you put that much pressure on your car it would have eventually broke down too.

:hihi:

I gotta try this

I started leaving my work boots in my office when I leave and showing up wearing house slippers in the morning. If anyone tries to talk work stuff with me before I make the switch, I just sip my coffee, point to my feet and say, "​Shhh...not yet."​

I'm 45, and lost of these are spot-on for me as well. I laughed out loud at some of them.
My fave:

- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!

Amen to that!

Last edited:
More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.
I usually start tuning them out by the 3rd word and sometimes laugh before they hit the punch line.

Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work?
You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.
Plan B if that didn't work. Rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs.

I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take
2 trips to bring my groceries in.
No doubt. 12 bags on each forearm.

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
:smilielol:

How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
The worst time is when it's a question and you just nod and laugh while they wait for an answer. Then you shamefully have to say, "wait, what?" after laughing at nothing.

Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!
:hihi:

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
I made that decision when the Saints beat the Vikings. Except that's been for 2 weeks now.

I'm 45, and lost of these are spot-on for me as well. I laughed out load at some of them.
My fave:

- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!

Amen to that!
Best time this happened was the Gustav evacuation. 12 hours in the car, just to get to McComb. Like hell I'm letting some jerk pass me up on the left hand shoulder just because he's too important to wait like everyone else. For about 2 hours we had a dozen cars riding halfway in the left lane, and halfway on the shoulder just to block these line cutters.

Best time this happened was the Gustav evacuation. 12 hours in the car, just to get to McComb. Like hell I'm letting some jerk pass me up on the left hand shoulder just because he's too important to wait like everyone else. For about 2 hours we had a dozen cars riding halfway in the left lane, and halfway on the shoulder just to block these line cutters.
I joined in with a group of Broadmoor evacuees to prevent this on eastbound I-10 between Slidell and the state line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom