Random Thoughts {old thread} (1 Viewer)

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
1. Sean Payton needs to go. He will probably become great again but the fire is gone in New Orleans.

2. Has anyone finally come around to the fact that Payton doesn't play his starters enough in the preseason? We simply haven't been ready to start the season for the last 4 years and Payton has too big of ego to do any self scouting. It really is an egregious fault bordering on criminal. This includes Brees.

3. Speaking of Brees from 09-11 he averaged 44 pass attempts in the preseason and we started out great every year. Since bounty gate he has only had 23 pass attempts a preseason and we've started out slow. This year Brees had only 15 attempts and we simply haven't been in rhythm offensively. I know our defense has been putrid but if the offense could stay on the field it will help.

4. Have I said that Payton has out stayed his welcome. I used to love the guy but his ego is out of control.

5. As feared we simply don't have enough speed on offense. Ginn is a liability and I still get a laugh out of the people on here that thought he would be double covered. Why?

6. Payton and his ego has let Bush walk, Sproles go, traded Stills, Jimmy, and Cooks. His ego ls writing checks his mediocre coaching can't cash.

7. The line is not the problem but the lack of separation by our WRs is the real culprit.

8. Remember the fans on here that said our offense would easily be better than 2011? Homers entertain me.

9. Do we have any identity as a team? I mean any. Right now every team in the league would die to play us.

10. Sean when you leave please take Mickey with you. The two of you simply don't have what it takes to change the defense.

11. I despise losing but I can't even get upset at these games. Close games cause stress. These two games have been flat out ugly. How long will it take for us to get a lead?

12. If we had ever shown that we could come back from a bad start under Payton I think a lot of us would have hope. However, Payton simply can't correct his problems. He has too big of ego.

13. Thanks for the memories Payton but you shouldn't be the head coach anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Sean Payton needs to go. He will probably become great again but the fire is gone in New Orleans.

2. Has anyone finally come around to the fact that Payton doesn't play his starters enough in the preseason? We simply haven't been ready to start the season for the last 4 years and Payton has too big of ego to do any self scouting. It really is an egregious fault bordering on criminal. This includes Brees.

3. Speaking of Brees from 09-11 he averaged 44 pass attempts in the preseason and we started out great every year. Since bounty gate he has only had 23 pass attempts a preseason and we've started out slow. This year Brees had only 15 attempts and we simply haven't been in rhythm offensively. I know our defense has been putrid but if the offense could stay on the field it will help.

4. Have I said that Payton has out stayed his welcome. I used to love the guy but his ego is out of control.

5. As feared we simply don't have enough speed on offense. Ginn is a liability and I still get a laugh out of the people on here that thought he would be double covered. Why?

6. Payton and his ego has let Bush walk, Sproles go, traded Stills, Jimmy, and Cooks. His ego ls writing checks his mediocre coaching can't cash.

7. The line is not the problem but the lack of separation by our WRs is the real culprit.

8. Remember the fans on here that said our offense would easily be better than 2011? Homers entertain me.

9. Do we have any identity as a team? I mean any. Right now every team in the league would die to play us.

10. Sean when you leave please take Mickey with you. The two of you simply don't have what it takes to change the defense.

11. I despise losing but I can't even get upset at these games. Close games cause stress. These two games have been flat out ugly. How long will it take for us to get a lead?

12. If we had ever shown that we could come back from a bad start under Payton I think a lot of us would have hope. However, Payton simply can't correct his problems. He has too big of ego.

13. Thanks for the memories Payton but you shouldn't be the head coach anymore.

Co-signed

Will Payton even show any emotion? He is a shell of his former self. Pathetic.

Listen, we'll look at the tape. Obviously the margin of error in the NFL is razor thin. If you're not getting better, you're getting worse in this league. After looking at the tape, we'll get to work on cleaning some things up. Obviously we just didn't execute, and we need to do a better job of getting off the field on 3rd down. Anything else? Thanks guys.

Listen, we'll look at the tape. Obviously the margin of error in the NFL is razor thin. If you're not getting better, you're getting worse in this league. After looking at the tape, we'll get to work on cleaning some things up. Obviously we just didn't execute, and we need to do a better job of getting off the field on 3rd down. Anything else? Thanks guys.

Sean is that you? I nominate Icon to be our next coach. None of us could do worse.

When I watched the post game interview he almost looked like he was gonna cry......Drew seemed like a robot......this is it for both of them in New Orleans this year, fire is gone. It's been gone in Payton but I've never seen Drew like this until now. He just looked defeated, his words were opposite of what he looked like.

When I watched the post game interview he almost looked like he was gonna cry......Drew seemed like a robot......this is it for both of them in New Orleans this year, fire is gone. It's been gone in Payton but I've never seen Drew like this until now. He just looked defeated, his words were opposite of what he looked like.
He's lost hope, too.

Will Payton even show any emotion? He is a shell of his former self. Pathetic.
i don't know if you can stay the same person getting paid 8 mil a year win or lose.

People deal with success differently. Payton didn't deal with it well and after 2009 seemed to take away all the wrong learnings.

I wouldn't bet on him being 'great' again unless paired with an extraordinary talent at qb. Brees made him great at what he does. Otherwise to have success especially as a head coach he's going to need help from a better GM and better defensive coach and he has to be willing to defer to them...to actually accept their help and contribution even if it means they challenge him.

19-4 in the regular season since this thread.

We all felt this way. WHAT A TURNAROUND!

I avoid this forum altogether during losing streaks for that very reason :) Interesting indeed to see timely reposts of times when the popular opinion wasn't what actually happened.

Semi-related topic, has anyone seen Saintshizzle in the last year and a half? I sure haven't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom