Random thoughts (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I would like to start by saying that I have enjoyed coming to this board and getting updates on the Saints since it was founded. Being in the military and some of the connectivity problems and so forth, it was easier a lot of times just to get the page to load and read updates than to try and post.

That being said, what I have NEVER been able to understand is this. Almost everyone that comes to this board and posts are SAINTS FANS. Yes you get the occasional fan from another team that either posts some congrats or gets on here and posts to raz the Saints fans on here. I get it believe me. It happens on every fan site.

What gets me is how much of the bashing of Saints fans views, questions or just random thoughts take place on here. Sure, I understand some fans can't name the entire team by name and # and probably just don't care to or have the time to keep up with every aspect of the team. And yes, I realize there are some pretty questionable views or questions that come out on here, but what's with the need to bash the individual.

I see posted on here time and time again about how ignorant or rude other teams fans are and here this board are fans of the SAME team bashing on one another.

I'll give you a case and point. I read the thread numerous times about someone asking about the possiblity of trading WIll Smith. WOW!!!! Let the bashing begin. I ask, why is so hard to fathom?

We have 3 cornerstone players that are all entering a contract year. Colston, Evans and Smith along with Vilma in the last year of his deal. Colston will command TOP dollar as a #1 wideout and in my view with his first 2 years of productivity is actually overdue on a re-negotiation.
Evans will also command top dollar, and has played every down since being drafted. You can look at Faneca, Hutchinson and others to see what he will get.
Smith I guarantee will want as much, if not more than Grant's new contract.
In this day of free agency, the franchise we are talking about and these demands and you tell me hoe easy it is gonna be to come to terms and wrap that much money up into all these players.

I guess I just get a little frustrated when I get a chance to come here and get good news and see all the bashing as some seem to think they are above everyone else.

For al of you good guys/girls, please keep the news rolling in.

Richard

There's strong speculation that next year will be uncapped.

and not only that we are in no way in cap trouble there is alot of money still there available for this year to lock these players up long term. (all of them) its just some of the idea's of trades are for a lack of a better word ignorant

I'll give you a case and point. I read the thread numerous times about someone asking about the possiblity of trading WIll Smith. WOW!!!! Let the bashing begin. I ask, why is so hard to fathom?

Tell me about.

I'm glad someone realized.

5 cubes

We have 3 cornerstone players that are all entering a contract year. Colston, Evans and Smith along with Vilma in the last year of his deal. Colston will command TOP dollar as a #1 wideout and in my view with his first 2 years of productivity is actually overdue on a re-negotiation.

Evans will also command top dollar, and has played every down since being drafted. You can look at Faneca, Hutchinson and others to see what he will get.
In this day of free agency, the franchise we are talking about and these demands and you tell me hoe easy it is gonna be to come to terms and wrap that much money up into all these players. >>>

I think both Evans and Colston will be restricted free agents if they are not already signed. Will Smith can and should be franchised, if a new deal is not in place. This does not seem like the Saints have to push the panic button, or get all of them signed before this season. I also don't think you can compare Evans to Fanica and Hutchinson. He is not close to being in their league, yet.

I am just giving my opinion on what you posted, and it is in no way intended to bash your views. By the way, thanks for your service. I am a 10 year veteran myself.

In this day of free agency, the franchise we are talking about and these demands and you tell me hoe easy it is gonna be to come to terms and wrap that much money up into all these players. >>>

I think both Evans and Colston will be restricted free agents if they are not already signed. Will Smith can and should be franchised, if a new deal is not in place. This does not seem like the Saints have to push the panic button, or get all of them signed before this season. I also don't think you can compare Evans to Fanica and Hutchinson. He is not close to being in their league, yet.

I am just giving my opinion on what you posted, and it is in no way intended to bash your views. By the way, thanks for your service. I am a 10 year veteran myself.

Thank your for your kind words. I have 19 years in. Only 1 more and move on to the next life. I understand and respect your opinions. It's not that I think Smith or any of them will get traded, I am just saying to others that it's not as far fetched in my mind as it may seem to others. I in turn thank you for your service as well!

I am just giving my opinion on what you posted, and it is in no way intended to bash your views. By the way, thanks for your service. I am a 10 year veteran myself

Veteran of what? never mind veteran of the service i get it only 6 years here Air Force.

I am just giving my opinion on what you posted, and it is in no way intended to bash your views. By the way, thanks for your service. I am a 10 year veteran myself

Veteran of what? never mind veteran of the service i get it only 6 years here Air Force.

No problem. Thank you also for your time. I am in the Navy by the way. I usually take things with a grain of slat but it just kills me some times on here how bad people can get on one another, that's all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom