Randy Couture signs HDNet Fight contract (1 Viewer)

Now we wait and see if they can get the Fedor fight. I also wonder if the UFC will try to seek some sort of legal issues, or even HDNet for that matter.

Couture vs Fedor wont happen until his contract with UFC expires and I don't know when that is. I'm sure somebody on here knows though

I've read that his contract ends on October 12th so if everything goes smoothly you may be looking at something in the fall of 08 if everything goes right...

Yes, that's why HDNet is suing UFC right now. They want a clear 100% date that Randy's contract ends with UFC. Randy says Oct 12. UFC says he is under contract indefinitely until he finishes the other 2 fights he signed for. That's why Randy said resigned and UFC said retired.

I can't imagine the UFC winning this one. So yeah, expect Couture v Fedor in Dallas later this year.

That court case will set an important president for future contract disputes. Gonna be interesting to see what happens. Of course politics and $$$ are likely gonna influence the case, especially if its in Vegas.

Emelianenko Offered Primetime by ProElite

ProElite, Inc., the parent company of Elite Xtreme Combat, has offered former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko a four-fight contract that could put the famed Russian on the first two EliteXC-CBS shows.

The news was first reported by Chad Edward of Nokaut.com, though MMAjunkie.com (MMA blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps - MMAjunkie.com
) has learned some additional details about the deal.

Emelianenko's management and EliteXC officials could not be reached for comment.

According to a source close to the negotiations, the deal would call for a base pay somewhere between $300,000 and $500,000 per fight. Additionally, after the two fights (which would air on CBS or Showtime), Emelianenko's next two fights would air on pay-per-view. As part of the deal, he would receive a portion of the PPV revenue, and the "per-buy bonus" would scale as the total number of buys increases.

The length of the contract would run 18 months.

As Nokaut.com reported, EliteXC officials would also have to introduce the fighter as "M-1 Global's Fedor Emelianenko." Sherdog.com recently reported that Emelianenko never actually signed with the recently restructured M-1 Global organization and that the return of a $1.5 million signing bonus would essentially make him a free agent. M-1 Global executives deny the report.

MMAjunkie.com has also learned that the EliteXC offer would call for Fedor's brother, Aleksander Emelianenko, to compete on the same fight cards if terms for a fight contract can be reached. Other Russian Red Devil Fight Team members could also earn consideration for future events.

The first EliteXC-CBS show is scheduled to take place May 31 in Newark, N.J., and Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson is tentatively scheduled as the night's headliner. However, Ferguson and Emelianenko are unlikely to fight each other if Emelianenko signs with the organization.

NOKAUT .:. Ultimate Mixed Martial Arts source .:.

Well, I suppose in terms of "marketing potential," EliteXC provides the best there is (in the US of A) outside of the UFC. Like with any contract he signs, my concern is who will he fight? There are 100 scenarios that could play out, aside from where he might even sign.

What will happen with Couture's contract and availability? Where will Arlovski go/stay? Fedor's already whipped Nog twice, so it's not like I care that much about that possible fight (though I would love to see no matter what though). Sylvia and Werdum perhaps in the UFC? Herring again?

Outside the UFC you have guys like Josh Barnett, Sergei K, Monson, etc. What about Cro Cop? Was he released with the understanding he could come back to the UFC? Or was he "loaned" to rack up a few wins, but may still be under contract as has been reported? Who knows?

I think any place Fedor goes there is the potential for good, if not great matches against respectable or in some cases elite opponents. The last thing I want though is for Fedor to end up fighting a rematch against Zulu. :hihi: :covri:

EliteXC is offering Fedor a few options the UFC won't or at least didn't last time he was a free agent.

A contract for his brother and strong consideration for his stablemates at Red Devil. I just don't see many big time heavy's on the EliteXC roster right now. Of course they could try and secure Arlovski, Barnett and the others you mentioned. Why not toss him in against Kimo right off the bat! j/k of course.

Cro Cop was released but has stated he will return to the UFC after a few wins in Japan's Dream.

I just want to see Fedor fight some non-cans. UFC, EliteXC, whatever.

and just for the heckuvit

gfd_l3.jpg

EliteXC is offering Fedor a few options the UFC won't or at least didn't last time he was a free agent.

A contract for his brother and strong consideration for his stablemates at Red Devil.

Yeah, and I bet they won't have a problem letting him compete in Sambo still.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom