Randy Moss "I'm the greatest WR Ever" (1 Viewer)

So I believe had things played out differently, he could have had that title. His stats may not quite meet up with Rice's for the greatest. But they sure put up an argument for 2nd greatest.

T.O. might have something to say about the argument for 2nd greatest. Not that I am a fan of "Two" but his stats are right there as well.

If you really think about it, T.O. might be more ammo for the argument in favor of Moss as the GOAT. T.O. played well for several teams but it was definitely his time with the 49ers that I believe he had his greatest years, playing with the same Steve Young that threw balls to Rice. In other words, more proof that Rice's accomplishments were augmented by the fact he was catching balls from two HOF QBs for many years, whereas Moss' tenure with HOF QBs was rather short-lived (Brady and Favre).

Personally, I still rank Rice as the GOAT however, I like the way Mike Sando of ESPN phrased it best. He basically said, if Rice was the greatest WR of all time, then Moss was the most feared of all time.

I . And as soon as he played with a HOF type QB, he had the best season ever by a WR.

so what's a better season. his TD record or Megatron's receiving record? although Stafford is a solid QB he'll never be a HOF QB.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

I think Rice had a lot more to do with furthering the career numbers of Montana, Young, and Gannon then he gets credit for.

Moss is just funny,give it a few years than debate this and we will have trouble remembering Moss and Jerry will still be at the top of the debate! just my two cents!

@TripTP: RT @mattbarrows: Randy Moss says he meant no disrespect to Jerry Rice but sticks to his guns in saying he changed the game of football.

@TripTP: RT @mattbarrows: Randy Moss says he meant no disrespect to Jerry Rice but sticks to his guns in saying he changed the game of football.

I actually agree with him to a degree. I definitely think his style of play had an impact on the evolution of the wideout.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom