Randy Moss not tagged (1 Viewer)

fwaokda

So with him not tagged and coming off last season he could be looking for a team with some $$$ to spend. He also is going to go to a team without a solid quarterback. If it comes to it you think we should dish out for him? Sidenote: Dante Stallworth is a FA now too.

BoroSaint

Bring the Wood!!!!!
Reaction score
I would laugh SO hard if he signed with someone else. I think him not getting tagged is just another sign of the arrogance in New England that they can have whoever they want. May be true in a lot of cases, but I hope it bites them in the butt this time!

OP

fwaokda

Well on the Sirius NFL radio the guys are saying there is a 20% chance he has a deal with them. They are in total shock of the event.

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
The Jags will make a play for him! And they will pay him, cause that's what he wants, and he proved how good he is! He played for peanuts last year, but now everybody expects him to cash in.....even if he leaves the Pats!

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Moss is an absolute Beast of a reciever and the ultimate deep threat, but I think he is done chasing money. He'll resign with NE and go for the ring again.

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Moss is an absolute Beast of a reciever and the ultimate deep threat, but I think he is done chasing money. He'll resign with NE and go for the ring again.
yeep, my sentiments exactly.

Beast

Former Camp Beast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Patriots were restricted from re-upping him before free agency b/c of something with how they re-worked his deal last year.. I'd say he probably stays with NE..

canuckredux

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Maybe he'll go to the Giants and chase the ring ;). It would not be unthinkable to see him go to a team like San Diego. 14-2 last year; went to the conference championships this year an pushed N.E. hard with their QB playing with a torn ACL. It's a hot young team with some budding superstars like Cromartie and Merriman on D and the stalwart L.T. on offense. Really, the missing link for them is a top wideout. However, I think he'll stay with New England. They came too close last year and, really, who's going to bet against them this year?

CargoJon

Banned
Reaction score
How are the Cow Patties with cap room? Can they afford him? Let's not forget, they have people like Bruschi and others that are still FA...

stadanko

I'm inside the computer.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He restructured his contract in April and he has to wait until the beginning of the league year, which is the same day Free Agency starts. There's a good chance that He and the Patriots already have a verbal commitment and they're just waiting for March before they can make it official. I think it would be a big shock if he went anywhere else.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He restructured his contract in April and he has to wait until the beginning of the league year, which is the same day Free Agency starts. There's a good chance that He and the Patriots already have a verbal commitment and they're just waiting for March before they can make it official. I think it would be a big shock if he went anywhere else.
They explained it on NFL Network that he signed last April and can only have his contract reworked once a year per NFL rules.(They think he may have a oral agreement with NE, to get a new deal in April)

someone

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With Moss and Colston our receivers will be too big for any team to cover. It would be fun and exciting but there's probably a 0.00124576245% chance that we'll sign him.

someone

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah and I have a hunch that Dallas will try to sign him and he might go. Then that offense will be as unstoppable as the Pats last year and maybe better because they can run the football. T.O. and Moss...scary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom