Randy Moss really is the best of all time! (1 Viewer)

Did Moss ever get a Super Bowl ring? He's been a part of some really good teams that came up short (the Vikings his rookie year who lost to the Falcons in the NFCCG... The Pats 18-1)

I think some of you guys are just a little bitter about the Vikings handing us our butts back when Moss was in his prime. If I had to win one game and had to choose between Moss or Rice in their primes I would choose Moss 10/10. Jerry Rice had Montana and Yoing throwing to him his whole career while Moss was having to get passes from Culpepper. In year he had a good QB (Brady) in the fading years of his career the dude had 23 td catches. If he had spent his whole career with Brady he would have shattered the yards and touchdown record. Do his stats indicate GOAT? No. Stats indicate Emmitt Smith as the greatest running back of all time, but he was not even close to Walter, Jim Brown, and Barry Sanders.

If you can promise me that Moss will actually give 100% effort I'd agree. Unfortunately it's very rare for him to actually do that, so I'd prefer Rice.

I would take Rice, In Rice's prime, he had to run much better and more crisp routes, DB's could mug receivers and do things that aren't allowed today. The fact Rice put up the type of numbers he did is remarkable.

I think Rice was the best receiver of all time and to prove it, he's the only receiver in the argument as the best player of all time.

I think some of you guys are just a little bitter about the Vikings handing us our butts back when Moss was in his prime. If I had to win one game and had to choose between Moss or Rice in their primes I would choose Moss 10/10. Jerry Rice had Montana and Yoing throwing to him his whole career while Moss was having to get passes from Culpepper. In year he had a good QB (Brady) in the fading years of his career the dude had 23 td catches. If he had spent his whole career with Brady he would have shattered the yards and touchdown record. Do his stats indicate GOAT? No. Stats indicate Emmitt Smith as the greatest running back of all time, but he was not even close to Walter, Jim Brown, and Barry Sanders.

Barry Sanders???? The most exciting back ever to play football, yes. Better than Emmet Smith, not even close. Emmit moved the ball forward. Emmit didn't kill drives when playing against good (playoff) defenses. Barry Sanders is the most exciting to watch and most overrated back to play in the NFL. I would not have wanted him on my team because he was a drive killer who took the ball to the house or took it to second and 23. Emmit ran in the right direction with a burst off the line that got him past the D line and moved the chains.

Kris

A 40 year old Rice had 77 yards and 1 TD in the 2003 Super Bowl. Terrell Owens had 9 receptions and 120+ yards on a broken leg and a severely sprained ankle in the 2005 Super Bowl.

Greatest receiver ever? Nah.

Danny Abramowitz! Greatest receiver with speed over 5.5/40

Stats are not everything but showing up in the most important games has to count for something. He was invisible last night.
Case in point - Larry Fitzgerald has dealt with trash QBs since Warner left, but no one questions his effort or work ethic.
Moss is the most gifted but never worked hard enough to be the greatest.

Moss is a very talented guy. But it takes hard work to be the best, and Moss refused at every stop to be that guy. He had a great year in New England year 1. But he regressed after that, and it got to an ugly point where Kraft made them deal him. He dogged it for his years in Oakland, He dogged it in Minnesota after New England delt him. He was infamously quoted telling you he "plays when he wants to play" He would never make the tough catches over the middle, and had an entitled attitude from the jump. He is not the GOAT and never will be.

Rice is the best
Owens while probably a bigger distraction off the field, is a better player than Moss on the field
Calvin Johnson is more talented than Moss and plays the right way and may give Rice a run when its all said and done
Fitzgerald is a super talented guy who plays the right way

Given the way the game is played and the numbers guys are putting up, Moss will be glossed over in 20 years. He had the potential, but dogged it at to many stops, took to many plays off and will be nothing but a footnote because of it.

Barry Sanders???? The most exciting back ever to play football, yes. Better than Emmet Smith, not even close. Emmit moved the ball forward. Emmit didn't kill drives when playing against good (playoff) defenses. Barry Sanders is the most exciting to watch and most overrated back to play in the NFL. I would not have wanted him on my team because he was a drive killer who took the ball to the house or took it to second and 23. Emmit ran in the right direction with a burst off the line that got him past the D line and moved the chains.

Kris

Emmit also had a really really good offensive line something that Barry never ever had. If he did he would have shattered all kinds of records. He did it with him being the only offensive weapon on his team.

Stats are not everything but showing up in the most important games has to count for something. He was invisible last night.
Case in point - Larry Fitzgerald has dealt with trash QBs since Warner left, but no one questions his effort or work ethic.
Moss is the most gifted but never worked hard enough to be the greatest.

He was only invisible because his QB didn't choose to throw him the ball when he was wide open several times.

Some of you need some perspective outside of your perceptions.

He was only invisible because his QB didn't choose to throw him the ball when he was wide open several times.

Some of you need some perspective outside of your perceptions.

It goes both ways. Would you waste time looking at a guy running half speed and not making enough of an effort to catch errant passes?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom