Randy Moss - this season means nothing (1 Viewer)

Brett Favre has that same all-about-me attitude, but I do not see nearly as many people criticize him for being the jerk that he is. Moss was one of the few guys to remain on the field yesterday rather than walk off like his spineless coach. He was also very congratulatory of the New York Giants and gave them all the credit. I have no gripe with anything that Moss has said or done.

I only see one guy being critical. DR the OP.

I just read where Moss has decided to skip the Pro Bowl. I understand if there is some nagging injury that could be aggravated further but as far as I know, he wasn't injured. What a slap in the face to the fans who voted him in. I hope in the future people vote for players who will show up win or lose in the playoffs (See Drew Brees.)

Well, maybe I read more into what he said than was really there. I sure took him for being a jerk and whiney baby. I apologize.

I just read where Moss has decided to skip the Pro Bowl. I understand if there is some nagging injury that could be aggravated further but as far as I know, he wasn't injured. What a slap in the face to the fans who voted him in. I hope in the future people vote for players who will show up win or lose in the playoffs (See Drew Brees.)

This really isn't a new thing. To single Moss out for skipping the Pro Bowl (even with no reason) would be dumb. In general though, yes, you're right. But the problems with the Pro Bowl are much deeper than people skipping the game. Explore the root of the problem and then maybe things can be fixed.

Understand that I don't like Randy Moss at all, but what he is saying is right. What good is winning 18 straight games if you lose the last and most important game? It's not being immature and crying, it's the truth.

To quote Herman Edwards, " YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!".

This really isn't a new thing. To single Moss out for skipping the Pro Bowl (even with no reason) would be dumb. In general though, yes, you're right. But the problems with the Pro Bowl are much deeper than people skipping the game. Explore the root of the problem and then maybe things can be fixed.

He wasn't "singled" out. He was the subject of the post. I was just posting recent news regarding him that was related to the original post.

He wasn't "singled" out. He was the subject of the post. I was just posting recent news regarding him that was related to the original post.

No, he's still being singled out because you applied no context to the scenario. It's completely unrelated to the original post, since the original post had everything to do with the Super Bowl Bowl, and nothing to do with him skipping the Pro Bowl. The only way it could be related to the original post is if you are agreeing with the OP, and arguing the fact that Moss is a winey [sic] baby. If you are doing that, then I am providing the counterpoint.

No, he's still being singled out because you applied no context to the scenario. It's completely unrelated to the original post, since the original post had everything to do with the Super Bowl Bowl, and nothing to do with him skipping the Pro Bowl. The only way it could be related to the original post is if you are agreeing with the OP, and arguing the fact that Moss is a winey [sic] baby. If you are doing that, then I am providing the counterpoint.

The original post was about Moss saying the season meant nothing. The poster then went on to state that Moss was a "whiney baby." I then posted relevant news to his original post.

You just look for something to complain about on here.

I have no problem with what Moss said. Frankly, he's been respectable this season.

And he played some damn good football, too.

:plus-un2: I didn't read the article yet, but his post-game comments on tv were complimentary and respectful to the Giants. I've never been a Randy Moss fan, but he has conducted himself well this season, played outstanding football, and gave credit to the Giants for a great win. There were no "we blew the game" excuses. I understand the frustration that the "season means nothing" without the Super Bowl win, but I do wish that a team that accomplished what they did can still look at that 18-0 run and be proud of that. They should be.

Now, I do have a problem with him skipping the Pro Bowl, after the fans voted him in. What's his excuse? Brady is claiming the ankle injury; after the beating he took I can't assume he's being a poor sport. But Moss? :dunno:

You just look for something to complain about on here.

It's a message board and everything is for debate. If we agreed with each other every single thread this would be a pretty dull place. We're not living in 1984 just yet...the thought police haven't gotten us, so it's OK.

Mabye him taking off the entire time he was in Oakland leads people to think that he is a bumb. Probably the best WR to ever play the game (next to Colston of course!!!) and he flounders a few years in Oakland.

Don't forget that he pulled himself out of the Probowl.

Randy Moss will always be a bum in my book.

Really? Care to explain?

Where do I begin? How about refusing to tutor and help mentor Aaron Rodgers, his own teammate. How about throwing Ted Thompson under the bus and saying that he did not believe Thompson wanted to win with him after Thompson refused to make a trade for Randy Moss. I can go on an on...the drug addiction. People love him in New Orleans. He's a great player. But I think he has done a lot to put himself in the same category of being a jerk as some of the others who are called jerks.

Mabye him taking off the entire time he was in Oakland leads people to think that he is a bumb. Probably the best WR to ever play the game (next to Colston of course!!!) and he flounders a few years in Oakland.

Don't forget that he pulled himself out of the Probowl.

Randy Moss will always be a bum in my book.

He had no QB, and still had a 1000+ yard season his 1st year in Oakland. The 2nd year he had some injuries.

Where do I begin? How about refusing to tutor and help mentor Aaron Rodgers, his own teammate. How about throwing Ted Thompson under the bus and saying that he did not believe Thompson wanted to win with him after Thompson refused to make a trade for Randy Moss. I can go on an on...the drug addiction. People love him in New Orleans. He's a great player. But I think he has done a lot to put himself in the same category of being a jerk as some of the others who are called jerks.

1.) Aaron Rodgers is cocky, and made comments throughout the locker room that he was going to come in and start as a rookie. It's a mutual hate and you're right they don't like each other but I wouldn't "tutor" a cocky little ******* either (it's not Brett's job) if he came in running his mouth like Rodgers did. Actually Rodgers is a very large reason that Brett keeps coming back.

2.) I think it's pretty understandable that Brett would want to actually have some offensive weapons. After losing quite a bit of offense in free agency they weren't really bringing in much.

3.) How exactly does a pain pill addiction fit into his all about me attitude? Kind of a personal choice and mistake but I wouldn't call the guy a jerk when Dr.'s were probably stuffing his pockets with Vicodin.

And for the record I don't think Moss is a jerk. I like the way he plays the game and I like him off the field when he is doing interviews. Just because he has made some mistakes doesn't mean that I think he is a jerk.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom