Randy Moss: Yay or Nay? (2 Viewers)

Should Saints sign Moss?

• Yes- With Payton and Brees, Moss could be effective.

Votes: 43 20.1%
  • No- Up there in age and don't need his shenanigans.

Votes: 171 79.9%

• Total voters
If he came here for Devery Henderson money, I would not mind him replacing Devery as a stop gap while we see if Morgan is the long term answer.

I do not like Moss or his attitude, but the guy can still run. He can still take the top off a defense. If its a one or two year stop gap with very little guaranteed money I would entertain it. I don't see huge numbers for him. But if he could fill the void Meach left, and get 600 - 800 yards, 6 - 8 TDs and open things up underneath for Moore, Colston, Graham and the run game, I would entertain it.

If he came here for Devery Henderson money, I would not mind him replacing Devery as a stop gap while we see if Morgan is the long term answer.

I do not like Moss or his attitude, but the guy can still run. He can still take the top off a defense. If its a one or two year stop gap with very little guaranteed money I would entertain it. I don't see huge numbers for him. But if he could fill the void Meach left, and get 600 - 800 yards, 6 - 8 TDs and open things up underneath for Moore, Colston, Graham and the run game, I would entertain it.

Exactly. This is how we can beat 3-4 defenses. Look at the NFL today teams with the deep threat and a physical WR/TE are the best teams.

they were discussing Randy Moss on NFLN this morning. Even Steve Wyche pointed out he hasn't been a distraction and has been a good team mate. I'm in the catagory of if he comes fairly cheap, what does it hurt to bring him in for a look. He's still 6'4" and probably faster than all our WR's other than maybe Morgan and Hakim. If he does well and shows he still has some value sign him, if he doesn't cut him for no loss. Competition breeds success, the more people you bring in to challenge others the better you can weed out the ones you don't want or don't fit.

No - He just isn't that good anymore. We'd be paying for the name, that's it.

I think the 49ers got about as much out of Randy Moss as is reasonable to expect at this stage of his career. If you think that the Randy Moss that you saw in a 49ers uniform could help the Saints, then sign him. But I wouldn't go into the season with expectations much beyond what he accomplished last season.

Although...having said that...an argument could be made that Brees could use him more effectively in the mid-range passing game than the 49ers did...Smith tended to zero-in on Vernon Davis, and Kaepernick zeroed-in to Crabtree, so a QB that utilizes more of the field, such as Brees, could make Moss a more productive WR next season.

Other than Colston and Moore, the saints seem to be pretty thin at WR.
Henderson was non existent this year, Morgan could be a nice weapon going forward, and still don't know what Toon will bring.

Saints could possibly use Moss in the same type of role the 49ers did but get him more involved in the passing game.

Now he did alligator arm the ball that was intercepted by Reed and Moss does have that reputation of being lackadaisical at times, so you have to ask, do you want that type of player. However, the 49ers were impressed with his work ethic and how well he adapted to his role.

He will also be cheap so it's not like he'll cost a fortune. Then again, he is at the end of his career so how much does he have left?

We don't want that trash here!

This one's easy. As much as I want a "prototypical" type WR, this is a "do not want". I would love to see Drew with Larry Fitz or Andre Johnson but that ain't happening. I'm good with what we have or what I THINK we have even with the expectation we'll be losing Devery.

I used to be a really huge fan of Moss.

That said he's old, he still ****-houses out of catching the ball in certain situations, and his comments about him being the "greatest receiver ever" tell me he's drank far too much of his own kool-aid.

If Payton and Loomis were to sign him I wouldn't be upset, but if they asked me (they won't obviously) I certainly wouldn't encourage them to sign the guy.

So I voted no.

Absolutely freakin' not!!!! That guy isn't good enough to be in Black and Gold. He almost never gives 100% and that's unacceptable. He didn't even give 100% in the Super Bowl!!!! That's the kind of character we absolutely NEVER want on our team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom