Rank Huey Lewis and the News’ Hit Songs (1 Viewer)

Yeah, for the most part.

But HL&tN were wildly successful. More than 30 million albums sold, 12 top 10 singles, three #1s. Creedence never had a number 1.
proof that there is little justice in this world :hihi:

Lodi, Up Around the Bend, Who'll Stop the Rain >>>>>> anything by HL&tN

Yeah, i obviously missed the American Psycho connection that many here are mentioning.. i read the book over 20 yrs ago, but never saw the movie, so apologies if the music of Huey & the News was covered there.

I agree with Bill’s post that Huey & the News’ music represents ‘good times’; to me, they were to the 80s what Hootie & the Blowfish were to the 90s... and yes, my biggest problem with Huey & the News’ music is that it was played so damned much that it’s almost impossible to determine how i would feel about them if I hadn’t heard each song a bazillion times back then.

One thing i thought was interesting, that i didnt discover until very recently, is that Huey & the News were from the Bay Area, and apparently Huey was very close friends with Joe Montana and Dwight Clark during the 49ers dynasty in the 80s.. the band would ride on the team plane, and members of teh 49ers would sing on stage with the band at concerts (according to Huey, the last line on the Hip to be Square single is actually Dwight Clark’s voice).. so, though i still hate the 49ers, i feel like that woulda been a pretty cool time to be alive, and a pretty fun clique to be a part of.

I think Huey Lewis and Joe Montana went to the same barber

e98376c3167d39ced1e688bd3b200f86--ers-players-ers-nation.jpg

fd375eb0e4e9ae0af26a3367dc11ac11.jpg

I like Huey Lewis so much I know what his favorite crayon color is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom