• Middle of the pack 11-20

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Bottom 12

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Where do you think our LB group ranks with the rest of the league assuming Vilma is healthy?

Middle of the pack. I think people overrate most linebacking corps in the NFL. Fujita/Vilma is as strong of a tandem as you'll fine on any but the top 5 or so LB'ing corps in the NFL (assuming, of course, Vilma is healthy). We just need a WLB to come out of somewhere.

You can't tell me though you'd take 20 linebacking groups over Fujita/Vilma/any marginal starter.

Middle of the pack. I think people overrate most linebacking corps in the NFL. Fujita/Vilma is as strong of a tandem as you'll fine on any but the top 5 or so LB'ing corps in the NFL (assuming, of course, Vilma is healthy). We just need a WLB to come out of somewhere.

You can't tell me though you'd take 20 linebacking groups over Fujita/Vilma/any marginal starter.

Agree 100%. If Vilma returns to his 174 tackles that he put up the last year he played in a 4-3 and Fujita continues his high level of play then I don't see 10 LB cores that are better than us even with Shanle.

I can't expect Vilma to return to that level but I can expect him to be close. Fujita has had the knack for making big plays at the right time. He is sideline to sideline, physical, smart and has the ideal size. He may not put up massive numbers but he is very solid.

I think Shanle is under appreciated by many on this site. He certainly isn't a sexy LB. He is stiff in the hips, slow and doesn't have tremendous range. However he makes up for a lot with his ability to shed blockers, take on blocks, excellent tackler and physical.

Shanle has had 168 tackles, 3 forced fumbles and 4 sacks in the last two years despite missing a couple games. I can certainly think of several starting WLB's that are far worse than Shanle.

I realistically put us somewhere between 10-15 on a defense that ranks somewhere between 25-32. I see our Lb core as a strength.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom