Rankin Return (1 Viewer)

Since he's on IR, I think he can return at the earliest after week 6.

Since he's on IR, I think he can return at the earliest after week 6.

Ok i didnt realize he was IR'd my bad, then he should be back after the Panthers Game. In Theory haha, im ready to see this cat back in action

He can return to the team after the Carolina game. He then has 2 weeks of practice time with the team before he can play. So after game 7 because of the bye he can play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheldon Raaaankins.

96b60717d86115a14e778f688bc06156.jpeg

He can return to the team after the Carolina game. He then has 2 weeks of practice time with the team before he can play. So after game 7 because of the bye he can play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not the case anymore. Any player who has been on IR for 6 weeks can immediately return to action, but just one player, and they don't have to be designated at all. That way you can choose whoever is on IR that you're going to need the most rather than having to decide when putting them on IR that they're going to be the player to return. The links to it were posted in another thread yesterday.

EDIT: Here it is:

Now, teams can simply choose a player who’s been on injured reserve for at least six weeks and activate him once he’s healthy enough to play again

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/23/rule-change-could-add-strategy-to-bringing-a-player-back-from-ir/

Rankins is going to have to be a better version of Laroi Glover based on the expectations I see floating around. Anything less, and some will consider him a bust.

Just think he's being built up too much ... and too heavily depended on by some fans. Let Rankins get healthy -- if it takes until Week 10, week 12 ... so be it. Then let him join the DL rotation and learn. Pretty unrealistic to expect him to be a freakish man-among-boys from his first snap.

We haven't heard much on his recovery. I wonder if he'll be back around the same time as Breaux, or longer?

We haven't heard much on his recovery. I wonder if he'll be back around the same time as Breaux, or longer?

Personal speculation, and knowing how the Saints deal with injuries: it's a virtual impossibility that Rankins returns on the earliest possible week. If he sees the field before November, I'd consider it pretty shocking. To me, Rankins' return feels like it'll be around Wk 11-12.

Total speculation, of course.

Rankins is going to have to be a better version of Laroi Glover based on the expectations I see floating around. Anything less, and some will consider him a bust.

Just think he's being built up too much ... and too heavily depended on by some fans. Let Rankins get healthy -- if it takes until Week 10, week 12 ... so be it. Then let him join the DL rotation and learn. Pretty unrealistic to expect him to be a freakish man-among-boys from his first snap.

That's true. The more I think about it, the more I believe that we won't see a huge difference when he comes back from the injury.

What's lacking from our D-line is someone who commands a double team and someone who could push the pocket. If Rankins is that type of player, I don't believe we'll see it from his this year.

That's not the case anymore. Any player who has been on IR for 6 weeks can immediately return to action, but just one player, and they don't have to be designated at all. That way you can choose whoever is on IR that you're going to need the most rather than having to decide when putting them on IR that they're going to be the player to return. The links to it were posted in another thread yesterday.

EDIT: Here it is:

Rule change could add strategy to bringing a player back from IR | ProFootballTalk

I disagree. After all the research I have done on this subject, including reading the actual NFL by-law meeting minutes, l have come to the conclusion that the 2016 change to the IR rule means that, without prior designation, one of the a team's IR list players (in the Saints case Rankins) can be brought back to the roster for practice after 6 weeks, but cannot actually play in a game until week 8. In my opinion, Rankins will need to practice with the Saints for 2 weeks before he can be active in game.

I disagree. After all the research I have done on this subject, including reading the actual NFL by-law meeting minutes, l have come to the conclusion that the 2016 change to the IR rule means that, without prior designation, one of the a team's IR list players (in the Saints case Rankins) can be brought back to the roster for practice after 6 weeks, but cannot actually play in a game until week 8. In my opinion, Rankins will need to practice with the Saints for 2 weeks before he can be active in game.

Here is the exact quote on the subject that I got from the NFL Owners meeting minutes:

"Clarification on the designated to return rule. I think right now, a player can come back after six weeks-practice after six, play after eight. Is that totally eliminated? Can a player come back to practice, be declared that player on Friday and play on Sunday?

The rule as it was written is exactly the same. In other words there’s no change in the six weeks, no change in the eight weeks, no change in any of that language. The difference is you don’t have to designate that player until the day you’re going to bring that player back to practice. The day you’re going to bring that player back to practice after those six weeks, you submit to the league the name, and that player then becomes your designated to return. It’s a good idea by Buffalo, and I think it will serve the clubs well."

That's true. The more I think about it, the more I believe that we won't see a huge difference when he comes back from the injury.

What's lacking from our D-line is someone who commands a double team and someone who could push the pocket. If Rankins is that type of player, I don't believe we'll see it from his this year.

You just described Sheldon Rankins

While on the subject of returning injured, is it conceivable that Kikaha can come off PUP and play this year?

Wass Breaux placed on IR?

Or did they keep him on roster so they could bring both him and Rankins back?

Edit: Originally wrote Byrd. Don't care about him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom