Ranking NFL teams based on first-year impact of '16 rookie class - Bucky Brooks (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
12. New Orleans Saints
» Round 1: (No. 12 overall) Sheldon Rankins, DT.
» Round 2: (47) Michael Thomas, WR; (61) Vonn Bell, FS.
» Round 4: (120) David Onyemata, DT.
» Round 7: (237) Daniel Lasco, RB.

Michael Thomas led all rookies in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. Sheldon Rankins was limited due to injury, but flashed potential as a disruptive pass rusher (4 sacks).

It's just his opinion. He didn't give any creds for Bell. And if you review the other teams, we had so few picks. I'd say the Ireland hiring and new scouts were pretty darned good in their 1st year together.

of course the Cowgirls were 1st.

Ranking teams based on impact of 2016 rookie class: Nos. 11-20 - NFL.com

Didn't we pick around 12 so a grade of 12 is what should be, average nothing more. 3 is 2, 5 is 4, average. Atlanta picking at 17 and rated 3, now that is special.

Didn't we pick around 12 so a grade of 12 is what should be, average nothing more. 3 is 2, 5 is 4, average. Atlanta picking at 17 and rated 3, now that is special.

No way in hell Atlsnta had a draft better than us. Vic Beasley turning into an elite player is what helped that defense. Wonder if anyone would take back all those meaningless end of the year wins that kept us from drafting him that year....

No way in hell Atlsnta had a draft better than us. Vic Beasley turning into an elite player is what helped that defense. Wonder if anyone would take back all those meaningless end of the year wins that kept us from drafting him that year....

I wouldn't... you dont create a winning attitude by asking your team to quit or setting them up for failure. Silly to assume otherwise. Especially for a draft pick. Draft picks are a crap shoot anyway. Always have been, always will be... you play to win period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like the Saints draft. ..but come on...Neal and Jones are in the defensive rookie of the year conversation. ...not to mention Hooper looks like a stud at tight end....I think his rankings are spot on...
Campbell also had a good season. If he hadn't got hurt...and didn't split reps with Spoon in the beginning of the season. .he might have had 100 tackles

Maybe still to early to tell, but I think we got three 1st round talents. And who knows where Onyemata's ceiling is? We'll definitely need to see a lot more of Lasco before we know what we have there.

I'll take 5 more like that this year. Minus the injuries of course.

I wouldn't... you dont create a winning attitude by asking your team to quit or setting them up for failure. Silly to assume otherwise. Especially for a draft pick. Draft picks are a crap shoot anyway. Always have been, always will be... you play to win period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are right, but don't expect the towndrunkard to have any appreciation for developing a "winning attitude." Obviously not high on his parents' list of family values.

You are right, but don't expect the towndrunkard to have any appreciation for developing a "winning attitude." Obviously not high on his parents' list of family values.

Every year is different. The 'winning attitude' y'all speak of is a myth. This winning attitude we established at the end of the year has brought us 3 straight losing seasons. Every year y'all spout of the same crap and we win a bunch of games when we completely out of it with no pressure and everyone gets excited for the next year. And guess what, we lose 3 or 4 straight to start the season....the proof is there. I can't help your wearing the goggles.

Cow patties were picking what 5th last year and got a player that turned around their entire offense. And guess what only lost two games this year. Every year is different unless your the Browns of course. They are the exception to the rule.

And you don't quit, when you are out of it, you start playing your young players. It wouldn't have hurt to put Grayson in to get him some reps to see how he performs. If he we happen to lose so be it.

Every year is different. The 'winning attitude' y'all speak of is a myth. This winning attitude we established at the end of the year has brought us 3 straight losing seasons. Every year y'all spout of the same crap and we win a bunch of games when we completely out of it with no pressure and everyone gets excited for the next year. And guess what, we lose 3 or 4 straight to start the season....the proof is there. I can't help your wearing the goggles.

Cow patties were picking what 5th last year and got a player that turned around their entire offense. And guess what only lost two games this year. Every year is different unless your the Browns of course. They are the exception to the rule.

And you don't quit, when you are out of it, you start playing your young players. It wouldn't have hurt to put Grayson in to get him some reps to see how he performs. If he we happen to lose so be it.

It isn't about winning or losing. You're thought process is too simple. What these members are referring to is encouraging mediocrity. It's one thing to not have the talent to succeed, but still encourage your team to give 100% as opposed to telling them, or even just suggesting that not giving 100% us fine. You can't purposely allow that mindset to seep into your locker room. Because once you do, you can't get it out. Dallas wasn't good enough to win last year. But they still played hard. Just like our Saints. There clearly isn't enough talent in some areas of this team right now. But, this team played hard for 16 games. That attitude is what these folks are talking about. That's the mindset that was established between 2006 and 2008, that carried the 2009 team to a SB win.

Those rankings seem about right, but are subject to change of course. I think we are all confident when we say that this past draft has the potential to be as good as the 2006 draft, and that was arguably this franchises best (or 2nd best) draft ever. Rankins, Thomas, Bell, and Onyemata had solid rookie years, but all but Thomas were limited. If next year rolls around and those guys are starters (or in Onyemata's case getting large chunks of snaps) then this class can be a top 5 group.

It is hard to argue those teams listed ahead of us.

Quick. Name a team that purposely tanked for draft position that went on to make the playoffs the next season.

The problem with your assessment as it pertains to this season is that we weren't technically out of it until after our game against the bucs. While there is still a mathematical chance of making the playoffs, you play to win.

With that said, putting Grayson in against one of the best teams in the NFL this season is a recipe for disaster.

Sean has re-established a culture here and we will see the fruits of the rebuilding process next season (pending we get the pieces we need during the off-season).

We were very close this year in several games, the key is learning how to finish. Finish Strong.

Sound similar to 2008-2009? It does to me.

I green thumbed you, but Colts.

Any proof they purposely tanked like the Bucs did, i.e. pulling starters, etc.? They didn't have a QB that entire season.

If that poster is really expecting a Drew Brees to tank while he's on the field for some faceless draft pick, then that's highly unrealistic. I thought he meant pulling people and purposely not trying to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom