Ranking the NFC South linebackers - Yasinkas (1 Viewer)

He has Greer, Porter, Gay & P.Robinson at 1,2,8,&11 respectively. And Jenkins, Harper,& Sharper at 3,4,&9 respectively. I think sharper needs more respect but I agree for the most part

He has Greer, Porter, Gay & P.Robinson at 1,2,8,&11 respectively. And Jenkins, Harper,& Sharper at 3,4,&9 respectively. I think sharper needs more respect but I agree for the most part

He did at least say that a healthy Sharper is #1.

He has Cassillas at 7 and Shanle at 13. No offense to anyone, but putting an unproven Pre-Season beast ahead of Shanle proves to me he has no idea what he's talking about.

Cassillas has the POTENTIAL to rise above way above Shanle, but right now? Child please...

The thing I like about Pat Y's lists the past few days, is he's not afraid to put young guys in his top 10 based on potential and what he's seen from preseason and training camp.

I do agree Beason is the best linebacker in this division...with Vilma an inch behind. Not to slight Vilma, but Beason is just that good.

since i have a mancrush on vilma, i think he should be #1, but i'm ok with the others. as for sharper, he was ranked lower because of his injury and potential to not play because of it.

He has Cassillas at 7 and Shanle at 13. No offense to anyone, but putting an unproven Pre-Season beast ahead of Shanle proves to me he has no idea what he's talking about.

Cassillas has the POTENTIAL to rise above way above Shanle, but right now? Child please...

Why can't people just read the ******* articles before they start talking ****? Seriously.

These rankings are based to some degree on projections for the 2010 season

Jonathan Vilma, Saints. You couldn’t ask for a more complete middle linebacker and that’s a very important spot in New Orleans’ scheme. I don’t know that there’s a smarter defensive player in the division. Vilma also is a fantastic leader. Not sure if this works as a consolation prize for Vilma, but I’ll say something I never thought I would. As someone who was born and raised hearing and seeing Penn State called Linebacker U., I’ll admit Beason and Vilma have forced me to give the nod to Miami -- at least for the moment.

Jonathan Casillas, Saints. This is a bit of a leap, but I saw very good things out of Casillas in training camp and early in the preseason. He moves well and he tackles well and I don’t think the Saints are going to miss Scott Fujita all that much. It also won’t hurt Casillas that he’ll be lining up next to Vilma

Scott Shanle, Saints. A very dependable veteran and he helped the Saints win the Super Bowl last season. But Shanle’s skills as a run defender might be starting to erode.

He's projecting much like preseason rankings. They don't mean much but they give people something to talk about.

OK, dude. You say
OK, your reading comprehension must be pretty bad then, because your saying that his rankings which he admits are based on projections, not past performance are invalid because Casillas right now, hasn't done anything to deserve being ahead of Shanle. :plus-un2:

I do agree Beason is the best linebacker in this division...with Vilma an inch behind. Not to slight Vilma, but Beason is just that good.

That's saying a lot. Beason must be pretty amazing. When it comes to Vilma, I have "homer" glasses on and can't see anything else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom