Opinion Ranking the Saints-focused Podcasts (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
I drive around quite a bit for my work, and while I’m on the road, I love to listen to podcasts. There are a handful of Saints podcasts out there, and I’ve listened to most of them... some of them I’ve subscribed to and listen whenever a new episode drops. With the 2019 Saints season in the rear view, I thought I’d share my opinion by ranking the top Saints-focused podcasts out there...

1.) Locked on Saints: I give the top spot to Ross Jackson’s Locked on Saints podcast. These episodes are full of great information that Jackson collects from a variety of sources. This is a daily podcast, and during the season, it’s an excellent source for Saints news and updates leading up to the week’s game. There is also a weekly “crossover” episode, where a reporter from the opposing team shares some insights on the opponent. The off-season episodes have been great as well. Each episode is only 20 - 40 minutes, so they give you your info with no added fluff or garbage.

2.) The BS & Beer Podcast: This is a family friendly, fan driven podcast that delivers quality content from real Saints fans. Lots of great discussion, and during the season, this is a great podcast to listen to guys talk about our favorite team with passion and enthusiasm. It’s like hanging out with your friends. Host Dave Romero is the SSF’s very own State of Affairs. This is an easy subscribe for any Saints fan, and I recommend it.

3.) Saints Talk: This podcast was in the top spot for me when Nick Underhill was the host, but since he moved on it has lost a step. This is still a quality pod with good information and analysis, but the episodes drop sporadically and it isn’t as consistent as I would like. I still recommend it, and it’s definitely worth a listen in-season. Underhill still drops in on occasion, and he always brings great insight and analysis.

4.) The Dome Patrol Podcast: This pod is similar to BS & Beer, but it includes a good amount of adult language and cursing. A fan driven podcast that has some solid talking points and banter, but not appropriate for all ages, and the discussions can go off the rails from time to time. Typically worth a listen, but inconsistent.

*5.) Saints Happy Hour: I was turned on to this podcast after this thread was created, and after listening to a handful of episodes, it’s definitely worthy of taking over the #5 spot (with the arrow pointing up). It’s NSFW and not kid friendly, but these guys seem real and give solid takes. ??

Anyhow, that’s a quick rundown of some podcasts that focus on the Saints that you can give a listen to if you’re on the road. Just my opinion of course, but I listened to all of these throughout the course of the 2019 season and prior... I highly recommend #1 on the list, and they continue to drop new episodes every day since the season ended for the Saints... covering topics like the draft, Saints free agents, and potential targets. It’s ideal for the Saints fanatic.

Last edited:
Saints Happy Hour Podcast . Adult language, but extremely entertaining! It is usually close to an hour long and the hosts are knowledgeable/opinionated. Keep in mind, it is adult driven conversation/language.

Last edited:
Saints Happy Hour Podcast . Adult language, but extremely entertaining! It is usually close to an hour long and the hosts are knowledgeable/opinionated. Keep in mind, it is adult driven conversation/language.

I haven’t heard of that one... but I will check it out.

At work I listen to Locked on Saints

and All Saints Considered; pods.

Both are solid, I've tried of a few others but they are a bit too "loose" can start to get away from football talk at times; and become more like casual bar conversations over drinks.

Some people may like that for my Saints info I just prefer long form conversation that sticks to providing the news regarding the team, breakdown and analysis; with minimal humor and side conversations.

At work I listen to Locked on Saints

and All Saints Considered; pods.

Both are solid, I've tried of a few others but they are a bit too "loose" can start to get away from football talk at times; and become more like casual bar conversations over drinks.

Some people may like that for my Saints info I just prefer long form conversation that sticks to providing the news regarding the team, breakdown and analysis; with minimal humor and side conversations.

Agree for the most part; that’s why Locked On is #1. BS&Beer stays focused on the Saints mostly as well

I hear the host of BS and Beer is a real piece of work, but heath and thomas are pretty cool. /sarcasm off

I’ll try locked on when off-season Ramos up
Sorry you don’t like Who Dat anymore- it’s still my favorite
I still listen to Saints Talk for Kevin, but the shows suffers from both guys being ‘giving insight’ guys - neither are really ‘hosts’

I really enjoy Locked on Saints. Good, solid Saints info. Daily. Also enjoy All Saints Considered, and Dome Patrol Podcast (funny).

1. Saints Happy Hour Podcast
(lots of episodes, fun, entertaining, great sound bites. Even better when Kevin joins in)

2. Dome Patrol Podcast
(once my favorite in entertainment but fell to #2 since Damon left the show)

3. BS & Beer Podcast
(really enjoy it a lot lateley. Uptrending for me)

4. The UK Saints Podcast
(as Iam European, its nice to listen to them considering we share the almost the same time zone which results in the same dedication, watching games at 2.30 am)

5. Who Dat Confessional
(quite informative insights of Rev, but the least entertaining imo)

Anyhow, that’s a quick rundown of some podcasts that focus on the Saints that you can give a listen to if you’re on the road. Just my opinion of course, but I listened to all of these throughout the course of the 2019 season and prior... I highly recommend #1 on the list, and they continue to drop new episodes every day since the season ended for the Saints... covering topics like the draft, Saints free agents, and potential targets. It’s ideal for the Saints fanatic.

added your #1 to my list.
havent heard of it before, im curious. Thx for this thread

Switch the #1 and #5 and mine is the same. Locked On Saints is very amateur to me, his voices has no life to it and it makes him sound like he's reading directly from notes or even a teleprompter for that matter. I think Who Dat Confessional is the best mix of knowledge, input, and fun - especially when you're listening (Spotify, YouTube Vanced, etc.) and not watching on YouTube.

I haven't tried LockedOn or AllSaintsConsidered. I'll check them out.

At the moment, Saints Happy Hour is my favorite when I'm alone in the car. The language is too strong for company. Plus, their humor sometimes builds upon things that have happened in past episodes so it takes a while to get going. Ralph Malborough is funny and appears on WWL-TV from time to time from a webcam in his kitchen. They guy that intros him is a real news person and is visibly resentful of having to have an "internet guy" on his show. It's especially funny when his cat jumps on the counter in the background during the telecast.

BS and Beer is better for when I have company in the car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom