Ranking the Top 10 QBs in the NFC and Carr's Place Among Them (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
In previous seasons, I took on the task of ranking all 32 projected starting quarterbacks. While it was undoubtedly a valuable exercise, I've decided to shake things up this time. This season, I'll focus on a more targeted approach, specifically honing in on quarterbacks in the NFC and ranking the AFC top QBs in a separate piece. Enjoy!!

Goff, Stafford and Geno ahead of Dak, Cousins & Carr? C'mon man.

ETA: We'll see on Stafford. He looked washed last year.

I'm expecting a bounce-back season from Stafford. In my opinion, you can flip-flop by ranking Dak, Cousins, and Carr in rankings 5,6 and 7. In regards to Stafford and Geno, they will be even better than last season, IMO. Both of those rosters are pretty good. But we shall see.

Thanks for reading

Geno was one of the best QBs in the league last season and will only get better. Crap, they will probably have one of the best offenses in the league when you look at their team objectively. Trading Russ allowed them to load up.
Goff has actually been better than Carr most seasons he has played if being real about it and although we are split since he came in the league, Goff was a problem for us.
We agree on Stafford...

Kyler Murray is criminally under-rated imo.

1. Hurts - Lots to prove to stay here. Not crazy about 1 year samples.
2. Cousins - Ole reliable, just won't win it for you.
3. Stafford (if healthy) - Unreliable but has that spark.
4. Dak - Missing that something to push him over the top.
5. Carr - At his best he's at least top 3. Think he'll get there with us.
6. Murray - Huge potential, he's already shown it. Horrible situation.
7. Goff - Needs structure around him but often under-rated.
8. Geno - Impressive, but I have to see more.
9. Jones - Bare minimum as a true starter. Teetering on that definition.
10. Young - Dunno, pick your project.

Last edited:
Not a real good place to put this but didn’t want to start a new thread for a joke.

Attachments

• IMG_5130.jpeg
    IMG_5130.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 18
Kyler Murray is criminally under-rated imo.

1. Hurts - Lots to prove to stay here. Not crazy about 1 year samples.
2. Cousins - Ole reliable, just won't win it for you.
3. Stafford (if healthy) - Unreliable but has that spark.
4. Dak - Missing that something to push him over the top.
5. Carr - At his best he's at least top 3. Think he'll get there with us.
6. Murray - Huge potential, he's already shown it. Horrible situation.
7. Goff - Needs structure around him but often under-rated.
8. Geno - Impressive, but I have to see more.
9. Jones - Bare minimum as a true starter. Teetering on that definition.
10. Young - Dunno, pick your project.
LOL, Murray. I don't wanna get banned. LOL. Would u wanna coach him? Or play with him?

Geno was one of the best QBs in the league last season and will only get better. Crap, they will probably have one of the best offenses in the league when you look at their team objectively. Trading Russ allowed them to load up.
And they have... loaded up.

Adding Jaxon Smith-Njigba to DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett should make Seattle's trio of WRs the best in the league.

And adding Zach Charbonnet and Kenny McIntosh to Kenny Walker III should elevate Seattle's RB room to the best that it has ever been.

Seattle has seriously upgraded its offensive weapons this year, and thereby made Geno Smith's job that much easier. Last year, Seattle's 3rd down efficiency was #20 in the league at 37.8%. This year they should come close to close to 45%, which would put them near #5 overall.

LOL, Murray. I don't wanna get banned. LOL. Would u wanna coach him? Or play with him?
I agree.

Murray is a literally an emotional child who pouts when things don't go his way.

He completely lacks leadership traits/skills. He is the furthest from being a leader of men. ARI will go nowhere if he stays their QB1.

And they have... loaded up.

Adding Jaxon Smith-Njigba to DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett should make Seattle's trio of WRs the best in the league.

And adding Zach Charbonnet and Kenny McIntosh to Kenny Walker III should elevate Seattle's RB room to the best that it has ever been.

Seattle has seriously upgraded its offensive weapons this year, and thereby made Geno Smith's job that much easier. Last year, Seattle's 3rd down efficiency was #20 in the league at 37.8%. This year they should come close to close to 45%, which would put them near #5 overall.
Yep....that is one squad that a bunch of people are overlooking. If I was a betting man, I would have them as a top 5 offense. Their defense is starting to shape up as well. Everyone thought Pete Carrol was crazy for trading Russ but if this team blows up, this will probably eclipse the lore of the Herschel Walker trade.

Last edited:
You could put anyone 1st or anyone last and not be completely off base. That’s how wide open the NFC QB race is. That’s why it was so important to get Carr. He could easily be #1 on the list by the end of the year and no one would be shocked. I’ll take my chances with him over Cousins, Dak, Murray, Geno, Jones, Goff and Matthew. And Hurts has to prove he wasn’t a flash in the pan as well.

You may not like him or the headlines about him but he has two pro-bowls in his first 4 years. He was a sub once I believe once but they weren't cheap name or team recognition ones. He put up legit seasons. He got those before the NFC became devoid of QB talent. Easily better than most QBs in the conference. The numbers bear that out as well.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom